Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this, how easy it is to register with someone else's VIN?

Thanks for any help...

BTW, anyone have a free pass with their car's purchase that they know they wont use? I will buy it from you. $250?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
You can purchase mine...

Anyone ever done this, how easy it is to register with someone else's VIN?

Thanks for any help...

BTW, anyone have a free pass with their car's purchase that they know they wont use? I will buy it from you. $250?
Not sure how to go about making it happen, but willing to try.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's been a while since I did it, but I think you just inform the SRT Experience folks that you've transfered it, and the new 'owner' can go ahead and register. It was pretty painless as I remember. Easily confirmed with a quick call to them.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
279 Posts
It is an incredibly easy experience. I purchased one for my wife from another person on this forum. Could not have been easier. Have the seller email or fax the contact at SRT and alert them that they are transferring their experience to you. It is literally that easy.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It says there is an expiration date on them, but I've heard that they don't enforce it. Can anyone confirm the expiration?

1,931 Posts
I went with a friend back in July of 2012. He had purchased the experience from a guy who had bought his 2006 SRT back in October 2005. I bought a used 2007 Charger SRT in 2010 and used the free experience as the original owner never did.

I don't know it for a fact but I think they honor any free experience as long as it has not been used before because they (Petty Driving School) want to fill the classes so Chrysler will keep the track experience going. They get paid for each car built, not how many use the experience. Only about 30% of the SRT owners use the free experience.

BTW..when you speak with the SRT Track people do not mention you are "buying" the experience from an owner. One of the people there told me they were supposed to not accept a registration that had been bought" from an owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts