Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eyemouth::eyemouth:Ok so I just bought a 2014 Plum Crazy Challenger this past weekend. And one thing I want to do is get rid of the Dodge center cap on my black Vapor chrome rims and replace them with the Mopar 10 center caps but I dont want the M to be Blue anyone know how I can make it Plum crazy purple? :eyemouth:

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RWL11 for the paint codes. @ Danner I was kinda hoping someone had done this already and could get a How to step by step this is my first new car ever and I dont want to mess anything up.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Thanks RWL11 for the paint codes. @ Danner I was kinda hoping someone had done this already and could get a How to step by step this is my first new car ever and I dont want to mess anything up.
All you can mess up here is the center caps, which if they came out totally crap after your paint job, you can buy factory replacements for about $50 a set of 4.

Very limited liability in this little experiment of yours. Go for it.

I'm thinking of painting my center caps red, or buying the red anodized ones from BT. Still can't decide.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you are correct but the center caps themselves are like 150.00 for all 4 I dont wanna ruin the the rims.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Yes you are correct but the center caps themselves are like 150.00 for all 4 I dont wanna ruin the the rims.
So they are. Those are expensive. I just bought some plain ones and paid $50, I thought they were similarly priced.

If you are careful you wont ruin your rims, they are removed from the back anyway, so you don't scratch the front of your wheel prying with a screwdriver. They come out easy, and go in easy. Your wheels should be fine.

You could always buy a single cap and do an experiment. That way you are about $40 out if all all goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
PC83, there's a company in New Orleans called Microfinish LLC (Touch Up Paint Manufacturer | Microfinish LLC) that sells color matched automotive touch-up paint in rattle cans. The Plum Crazy Pearl is color code "Dodge FHG". You get that and a can of Clear Coat, and your set to do it. It will just take some care in masking off the Mopar "M", and they will match perfectly. Of course, you do the center caps before you install them on the wheels.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Easiest way to do this is to pop the caps out first, you have to take the wheels off and bang them from behind to get them out. Then get some Plasti-Dip and do a few coats as a "base". Then do your painting and clear. If you mess up the paint just peel the Plasti-Dip off and start over again....................no fuss no muss.

BTW - just phone your dealership with your paint code (located on the sticker on the driver door) and get them to order you in some touch up paint. Chrysler does it in two forms - rattle can and small tube with brush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts