Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have my new Pioneer DVD Head unit and an aftermarket camera. Both work great by themselves , but my issues start when I hook them up together. The Head Unit has a purple and white cable that I ran to the RP4-CH11. It's labeled Reverse Gear Signal Input. I hooked it to the same purple and white cable on the RP4-CH11.

My issues is the Head Unit has three settings for the purple and white cable. Inserting image below.

Right now I have the cable hooked directly to RP4-CH11. I am thinking that it doesn't feed to the Reverse Gear.

Any suggestions? Guess I am looking for the reverse cable to signal the car is in Reverse.. ( also I have a Challenger SE, all stock.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
RP4 Purple/White is not the same as your Head Units purple/white

RP4 Purple/White is for Speed output (if your head unit supports that).

You need to connect your Green RP4 to your HU Purple/White.

How did you connect your rear view camera? Specifically where are you drawing your power to it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RP4 Purple/White is not the same as your Head Units purple/white

RP4 Purple/White is for Speed output (if your head unit supports that).

You need to connect your Green RP4 to your HU Purple/White.

How did you connect your rear view camera? Specifically where are you drawing your power to it?

Thanks for the info, I am drawing power from the same wire that is powering my amp. Fuse 18 I think. So it turns on when the car turns on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how exactly did you wire it though? I am guessing you just popped one end on one side of the male fuse ends and the other on the other end?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how exactly did you wire it though? I am guessing you just popped one end on one side of the male fuse ends and the other on the other end?
Yes, that is correct. The other end was just to ground it. It does have power (camera that is). So the Purple and white wire from the head unit needs to go to the solid Green Wire on the RP4?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, that is correct. The other end was just to ground it. It does have power (camera that is). So the Purple and white wire from the head unit needs to go to the solid Green Wire on the RP4?

Yes the solid green wire on the RP4 is what Outputs the Reverse signal, so you connect your purple/white to it (which you said on your head unit is labeled as Reverse Gear Signal Input).

So your RP4 Purple/White might not be used and you can tape that off if your head unit does not have a Speed Sensor lead (on my HU it was a Green/White Wire).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the solid green wire on the RP4 is what Outputs the Reverse signal, so you connect your purple/white to it (which you said on your head unit is labeled as Reverse Gear Signal Input).

So your RP4 Purple/White might not be used and you can tape that off if your head unit does not have a Speed Sensor lead (on my HU it was a Green/White Wire).

Excellent, thanks so much. I will try this tonight.... I have a light green and a dark green. I think one of them is for the parking break maybe? I can attach pictures?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not know you didn't have the manual haha or else I would have linked you to it.

No problem.. I should have looked.. did you get your camera installed?

I used fuse 18 for power. Right out the trunk, then grounded the other cable.

Cable looks like this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts