Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a very intermittent issue with my push button starter, but it has happened twice in the last week. When I go to start the car, foot on brake, push button...then the starter continues to go, engine does not start. It will continue to do it until you take your foot off the brake and hit button again.

I almost stroked today, I have told the Mr. about this happening (and he rolls his eyes :icon_rolleyes:. He goes to start it and I am in the house and hear it happening. Run out and show him how to stop it. ARRRRRGH!!!

IS this happening to anyone else???? And if this has previously been addressed can you point me to the thread. I attempted to find something but came up empty.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did have this happen, once or twice. I had driven to my cottage, 6 hours in the hot summer sun, got on a boat (to fairy [spelling?] to the island) got to the island, car started went to the store, came back out, tried to start the car same thing.

the start went for a couple seconds then stopped, i dont think i let go of the brake or pressed the button again it just stopped after trying for a couple seconds.

I was a little concerned, let it sit for a second, tried again and it fired up... wasnt sure what happened and never figured it out. I assumed it had something to do with driving 6 hours in the sun and starting it and shutting it down a couple times in less than 30 min. so im interested if anyone knows anything about this

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The car is programed to crank untill the engine starts or for 30sec. When you let your foot of the brake you interupted the cycle. This is normal but the fact that the car is not not starting right off is not and should be brought to the attention of your Service Manager.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was a little concerned, let it sit for a second, tried again and it fired up... wasnt sure what happened and never figured it out. I assumed it had something to do with driving 6 hours in the sun and starting it and shutting it down a couple times in less than 30 min. so im interested if anyone knows anything about this
EXACTLY!!! When I heard my husband out there when it was doing it, after he let off the brake it stopped it. Let it sit for a few seconds and it started up. The only way I can describe it is if it were a normal key ignition if you turned the key to start and held it there.

Just rattles me when this happens, and I KNOW I will not be able to show the dealership an example of this. So THEREFORE...if they can't replicate it "it does not happen"...ughhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts