Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
nice who did the alum push button? billet tech?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billet tech does. It is the transmission cap for the automatic. I just bought another push button start and modified it. Easy to do, got the idea from another on this site

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that MUCH better than my decal.

Care to share how/what needed modified?
What you need is the billet tech transmission cap cover. I also bought a new push button so that I have the original to default back to. You will need to take the push button apart. It come apart into three pieces. One it the lettering, one is the chrome ring and the last is the mechanism. The letter piece is held on by a clip the needs to be depressed on each side. I used a butter knife if I remember correctly. The chrome ring is not reused, the part with the lettering needs to be able to fit into the cap. I used a dremel tool to make it smaller. When it fits stick the cap onto it and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
What you need is the billet tech transmission cap cover. I also bought a new push button so that I have the original to default back to. You will need to take the push button apart. It come apart into three pieces. One it the lettering, one is the chrome ring and the last is the mechanism. The letter piece is held on by a clip the needs to be depressed on each side. I used a butter knife if I remember correctly. The chrome ring is not reused, the part with the lettering needs to be able to fit into the cap. I used a dremel tool to make it smaller. When it fits stick the cap onto it and enjoy.
Cool thanks. More stuff I gotta but lol.

How much was the new pushbutton? You get it on flee bay?

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like the fire extinguisher and bracket. Can you provide the part numbers and source?
The fire extinguisher I got from dx.com for about 25 dollars. The fire extinguisher mount is a drake fire extinguisher mount, it goes for about 70 dollars. You will also need drake p/n 5R3Z-FIREX-MAN. It is for the mustang and will need to be enlarged to fit the challenger. I used a dremel tool. I think those are 30 dollars.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Instead of buying a fire extinguisher mount from a Mustang, you can just contact Stack Performance who sells them specifically for the LX platform. Bolts right up with no modifications required...

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Instead of buying a fire extinguisher mount from a Mustang, you can just contact Stack Performance who sells them specifically for the LX platform. Bolts right up with no modifications required...

i have one of those in the garage. apparently I'm not smart enough to mount it. :grin2:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm looking at getting the Drake extinguisher mount as shown here. Does the 5R3Z-FIREX-MAN mount to the seat base so the extinguisher moves with the seat forward & back? Any trouble adjusting the seat with this setup. Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm looking at getting the Drake extinguisher mount as shown here. Does the 5R3Z-FIREX-MAN mount to the seat base so the extinguisher moves with the seat forward & back? Any trouble adjusting the seat with this setup. Thanks.
Mine is one the seat forward/back adjustment bar. No problems moving the seat. I actually grab the fire extinguisher to adjust the seat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts