Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Is the 6.4L 392 engine pushrod or modular based?
The 6.4l engine is what is referred to as an overhead valve (OHV) engine. In all cases of this type of engine I'm aware of the valves are opened via push rods assisted of course by a cam lobe, lifter, the comes the push rod, which in turn works the rocker arm.

The only engine I believe I can recall being referred to as "modular" was the Ford SOHC 4.6l V8.

Oh, yes that is it. Well that engine and the V10. Here's a link:

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
"Modular" is the Ford term for the assembly line process where they could switch from making one member of the engine family to another with minimal machinery changes. All of the Modular engine are overhead cam (single or double) and thus different from our "old fashioned" pushrod actuated V8
engines.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
"Modular" is the Ford term for the assembly line process where they could switch from making one member of the engine family to another with minimal machinery changes. All of the Modular engine are overhead cam (single or double) and thus different from our "old fashioned" pushrod actuated V8
engines.
Been a long time since my time with my Mustang GT and its "modular" SOHC 4.6l V8 but what you write rings a bell. Faint but the fault is my memory not with your info.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
506 Posts
Modular are mostly in Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts