Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried adding photos on here last night and it always says file size to big. I ziped and tried all 3 formats but nothing will work. I know by the looks of the pictures on here it's not that you use a smaller # pixel shots, so what is it? Thanks for any help.
Rick

·
Registered
225 Posts
Smaller shots and use jpeg. Downsample if necessary (lower picture quality). Not only does jpeg allow a larger file size on here, it's a more compact file type than most.

This one was originally 8MB in the camera's raw format, and even at low compression (high quality) it's within the 1.91MB limit for jpegs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I got some to 1.7meg and when I tried to upload them it still said file to big. It let me put it on my avatar and album but not as a photo.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not sure... Just messing around with it I found that's it's downsampling and resizing everything anyway. I did the same thing with one of my sites, any time you uploaded a pic that was too big it shrunk the pic and if the file was too large it downsampled. This one is doing that regardless, uploaded a 4MB file and it resized and downsampled to around 220k. Then I did both myself in photoshop and uploaded the 1.2MB file, and it still downsampled to ~200k again! Interestingly, if you change the extension from jpg to jpeg then it seems to resample to about 400k instead of 200k. (despite being the same file)

Anyway, not sure what use this is to you. For me it seems I can't break the thing if I try! :guiness:

Do you get a privilege for being a lifetime member? I wonder if they may have changed it to downsample less and screwed up the coding?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure... Just messing around with it I found that's it's downsampling and resizing everything anyway. I did the same thing with one of my sites, any time you uploaded a pic that was too big it shrunk the pic and if the file was too large it downsampled. This one is doing that regardless, uploaded a 4MB file and it resized and downsampled to around 220k. Then I did both myself in photoshop and uploaded the 1.2MB file, and it still downsampled to ~200k again! Interestingly, if you change the extension from jpg to jpeg then it seems to resample to about 400k instead of 200k. (despite being the same file)

Anyway, not sure what use this is to you. For me it seems I can't break the thing if I try! :guiness:

Do you get a privilege for being a lifetime member? I wonder if they may have changed it to downsample less and screwed up the coding?
I thought I would have the privilege to post photos but don't know

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts