Marcella Sheet-Metal Intake
110 lb/hr Injectors
Weldon pump/regulator
SHR Transmission
Custom Bolt-together converter
DSS 9" IRS
CCW Wheels
M&H Tires

I will keep this thread updated as much as possible as the build progresses.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nice Quest! What kind of boost you planning on?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I almost forgot, the tuning of this will be done via Diablosport by none other than Johan himself. Once everything is installed, we will make a couple of dyno pulls on the car to make sure everything is operating, then we will be trailering it to Florida for Johan to work his magic.

·
Registered
457 Posts
where are you gonna mount them snails?

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I almost forgot, the tuning of this will be done via Diablosport by none other than Johan himself. Once everything is installed, we will make a couple of dyno pulls on the car to make sure everything is operating, then we will be trailering it to Florida for Johan to work his magic.
I thought people usually recommend a standalone for turbo applications; how are you using the Diablosport?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im so glad to hear that :)
bumper cutouts or filters?
Not sure yet. I dont plan that far ahead, lol. I should know in the next few weeks.

I thought people usually recommend a standalone for turbo applications; how are you using the Diablosport?
Not sure how to answer this? What is preventing me from using Diablosport?

Subscribed. I would _so_ love to see a twin turbo set up on my car.
I hope to be able to fullfill that wish in the next few months, but it will be a long process for sure. Definitely will be complete for next years NMCA circuit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not sure how to answer this? What is preventing me from using Diablosport?
Maybe I'm misinformed, but I've read a decent amount on here about not being able to tune for partial throttle boost on turbo applications for these cars. Again, this is what I've read; I don't actually have experience tuning turbocharged hemi's.

·
Registered
562 Posts
this will be awesome..good luck...you gonna keep the car totally street? Full interior etc? I guess with 1000hp, you race that puppy..you wont be able too..i guess a cage and all that will be required at that point because im sure that sucker will hit 9's
well, i guess with a 4000 converter..lol..maybe not too street happy either...

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
That is going to be an insane setup once dialed in. Congrats and keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I'm misinformed, but I've read a decent amount on here about not being able to tune for partial throttle boost on turbo applications for these cars. Again, this is what I've read; I don't actually have experience tuning turbocharged hemi's.
Most tuners say that it can not be done because they can not do it. I cant do it which is why it is going to Johan.

this will be awesome..good luck...you gonna keep the car totally street? Full interior etc? I guess with 1000hp, you race that puppy..you wont be able too..i guess a cage and all that will be required at that point because im sure that sucker will hit 9's
well, i guess with a 4000 converter..lol..maybe not too street happy either...
This thing will be driven every single day with a full interior. There will be a cage in it, but it will have removable door bars so that I can get in and out easier. I will only use the door bars while at the track.

The 4000 stall will be no problem on the street, PI makes the best converters possible for our cars and they have great street manners at part-throttle.

That is going to be an insane setup once dialed in. Congrats and keep us posted!
Thanks, I will try me best to keep this thread updated.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Does this mean there is no reason for me to bring my car up so you car drive it? Seriously you have a great build going and I am really glad to watch this happen!!!! What's the plan to get the power to the ground, ie. tires?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does this mean there is no reason for me to bring my car up so you car drive it? Seriously you have a great build going and I am really glad to watch this happen!!!! What's the plan to get the power to the ground, ie. tires?

Of course not. I plan on both of us going racing together once both cars are complete.

As for traction, I will probably have the Afco suspension with 28" Drag Radial. I will not have the same traction issues as yourself as I will have some slight boost lag where yours will be instant. It will be interesting to see the two cars running together thats for sure. We will have to equalize the boost for one run and see how they compare.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Of course not. I plan on both of us going racing together once both cars are complete.

As for traction, I will probably have the Afco suspension with 28" Drag Radial. I will not have the same traction issues as yourself as I will have some slight boost lag where yours will be instant. It will be interesting to see the two cars running together thats for sure. We will have to equalize the boost for one run and see how they compare.
Will yours look and sound something like this??
YouTube - STS Dodge Charger SRT8 burnout

1 - 20 of 628 Posts