Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't uncover anything. Pypes has essentially a resonator delete that reuses the factory tips. I like the factory exhaust note on my T/A 392 but could use more volume. Would these help or are resonator deletes just drone makers?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Resonators are there for drone, mufflers are there for volume. Try a mid muffler delete maybe

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I caught a few sound clips of 392's with mid muffler delete and that is more noise than I am looking for. I guess if the mid muffler delete replaces the cut out stock mufflers, then there is probably some stand alone mufflers that will fit into the system.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,787 Posts
There are a few posts where guys have swapped in flowmaster 40s or even super 10s. Not the best sound recording though but search Youtube there is quite a few.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Yeah that "axle back" is just straight pipes, you'll have drone. Look into some Dynomax bullets if you haven't already. Bark at cold start, and WOT, but nice sound driving from videos I have heard.

A Guy

Reactions: BS1970SCAT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts