Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed installing QTP Low Profile cut outs in my 2016 Challenger. I posted a few pics for the guys if they are thinking of going this route. I did run the cables to the trunk where the battery is. Since the wireless transmitter had an inline fuse I went off the positive battery terminal. Very clean install. On you tube I saw guys drilling holes in their floor pans. No way for me. I did try and find a way into the engine compartment, but it was to tight for my comfort. I ran them back towards the rear seat area. There are quite a few black plugs in the floor you can use for access. just drill a hole in the plug, snake in the cable then reseal with caulking. The plugs were just before the rear seat so I pulled the rear seat and came up just in front of the seat under the carpet and then under rear seat into the trunk. Very clean approach. The rest was simple. The pics show where I put the transmitter and that was it. Sounds great when I want some noise and just as quiet as before if I want quiet. With the remote I can open them a little for some rumble or all the way for a full roar. At a light a young guy pulled up along side of me with his new Camaro revving his motor. Sounded nice. So I revved my car with them closed. Then I opened them up for the full effect. I did catch his attention. It was a fun moment then we drove off quietly. Well hope this helps anyone looking to go down the same road. Thx.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts