Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys new here i have a 2015 challenger sxt and im thinking of getting some good sound out of it and i was recommended a qtp cutouts any of you guys ever tried it ive watched videos on them and they sound pretty good i just want more info and feedback.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hello guys new here i have a 2015 challenger sxt and im thinking of getting some good sound out of it and i was recommended a qtp cutouts any of you guys ever tried it ive watched videos on them and they sound pretty good i just want more info and feedback.

I don’t know man, not knocking the V6 but I don’t think I’ve ever heard one that sounded good. QTP cut outs with out long tubes would just sound, strange. If you must though, I’d get you headers first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
No headers, the exhaust manifold is part of the head. I've only heard videos...it will be louder, that's for sure. Have someone unbolt the left side exhaust after the midpipes (the right side is one piece from midpipes to tail pipe), and see how that sound, then do the same after the mid mufflers and see how that sounds. These would be the two most likely points for the cutout. You'd likely not be able to drive it that way, but you'll get an idea real world

003.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No headers, the exhaust manifold is part of the head. I've only heard videos...it will be louder, that's for sure. Have someone unbolt the left side exhaust after the midpipes (the right side is one piece from midpipes to tail pipe), and see how that sound, then do the same after the mid mufflers and see how that sounds. These would be the two most likely points for the cutout. You'd likely not be able to drive it that way, but you'll get an idea real world

View attachment 908850

A Guy
i don't quit understand what you mean by the left and right side and also what do you mean likely wont be able to drive it that way? and i was thinking of doing the cutouts before the mid muffler

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
See my picture of the exhaust on our cars in my post? The left side (drivers side), the right side (passenger side). The left side can be unbolted from the mid piped in the front, you could them see what the car sounds like. This would at least simulate what a cutout after the cat would sound like. Then bolt that back up and unbolt after the mid muffler, and do the same. You can simulate a cutout after the cat, and a cutout after the mid muffler.

You couldn't drive it with these unbolted and hanging down, but it's just for a sound test.

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
See my picture of the exhaust on our cars in my post? The left side (drivers side), the right side (passenger side). The left side can be unbolted from the mid piped in the front, you could them see what the care sounds like. This would at least simulate what a cutout after the cat would sound like. Then bolt that back up and unbolt after the mid muffler, and do the same. You can simulate a cutout after the cat, and a cutout after the mid muffler.

You couldn't drive it with these unbolted and hanging down, but it's just for a sound test.

A Guy
o ok i see what u mean its a test got it i guess i could do that jsut to test and see how it sounds. also were would u recommend i do the cut outs as i was thinking right after the cat like were the arrow is pointing

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
I can't say I would recommend them at all, having heard a straight piped V6. But one persons likes are not everyone's. Very hard to make a V6 sound good. I personally think you need an exhaust to "massage" any sound. Beyond that, the test would show you what sounded better at idle and rev at least.

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I can't say I would recommend them at all, having heard a straight piped V6. But one persons likes are not everyone's. Very hard to make a V6 sound good. I personally think you need an exhaust to "massage" any sound. Beyond that, the test would show you what sounded better at idle and rev at least.

MEAN SOUNDING SXT CHALLENGER WITH QTP EXHAUST CUTOUTS TEST DRIVE - YouTube

2016 Challenger QTP exhaust cut out - YouTube

A Guy
i think the bottom one sounds ok but it all depends on mic quality you cant really get good sounds out of phone recordings like this one
this one sounds alright too

also i want to start the cheap way i guess you could say that i was at first thinking o i can do a res delete looked up videos and sounds like shit then i thought hmmm maybe mid muffler delete nope still sounds like shit so i was like f it full cat back system and man they expensive i was thinking of getting the borla s type but its priced at 1,200+ so then i thought maybe i can do a res delete with flowmaster super 44 so im kinda stuck between that qtp cutouts or flowmaster super 44 with res delete

sxt with flowmaster super 44

also my point isnt to make it sound like a v8 i just want a good noise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts