Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Electronic control switch

QTP Electronic Cut Outs.

Just got these installed completly at a local shop here in Miami for $225.00 before tax. I have to admit keeping the stock exhaust and being sble to open then up and get that true muscle car rumble really changes the feel of my girl. Been a real intimidator at the stop lights on the few times I opened it up just because I couldn't control myself.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I dont know about QTP but those look really low. I picked up the DMH low profile cut-outs for clearance, just because i'm already lowered an extra inch more than SRT.

I do agree that they give the car that aggressive intimidater sound.

I put my electric button where the power source right below the center stack is, perfect fit

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the guy might have left to much material on the pipe before welding it on myself but so far no issues. If it does give me issues I'll have it cut down.

·
Registered
852 Posts
We need a vid!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Ugh you made a big mistake with QTP, they easily have the worst electrical cutouts and customer service around, the first one of mine broke within 6 months (motor died) and the 2nd one which they wouldn't help warranty the first died about 8 months later (motor died)

They use very cheap components and no real anti-grind on that lil electric motor, shoulda gone with DMH man...QTP is a fail company

That also looks to be VERY low...maybe it's just the pic, but if you go over a speed bump to fast the first thing that it looks like it's gonna take off is your cutout which since it's bolted\welded will also do some serious damage...I had the back of mine (motor) oriented upwards for maximum clearance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh you made a big mistake with QTP, they easily have the worst electrical cutouts and customer service around, the first one of mine broke within 6 months (motor died) and the 2nd one which they wouldn't help warranty the first died about 8 months later (motor died)

They use very cheap components and no real anti-grind on that lil electric motor, shoulda gone with DMH man...QTP is a fail company

That also looks to be VERY low...maybe it's just the pic, but if you go over a speed bump to fast the first thing that it looks like it's gonna take off is your cutout which since it's bolted\welded will also do some serious damage...I had the back of mine (motor) oriented upwards for maximum clearance.
Ouch.... Thought I researched this but I'll keep in touch with any issues I have or problems. So far is holding up real well but yeah the more I look at it the more it looks like the guy who installed it didn't shave the pipe down enough before welding it in place. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
x1 looks really low ...I hope you don't leave them behind going over a speed bump :scratchhead:
He'd leave more than that...bolted\welded = it's gonna yank on his entire exhaust system...could be real bad, if you were to accidentally hop a curb that would be like an anchor lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts