Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've done searches. I've done my homework.

I have come to the conclusion that the aluminum louvers from Willpak or even better, Dale's Cuda Shop are the way to go.

I just cannot for the life of me get used to the curve that the aluminum louvers have. I hate the look.

That leaves me back to the ABS plastic ones. I love the look of the
Willpak® - Textured Surface ABS Plastic Rear Window Louvers but the reviews say they are not good quality.

I am looking for a heavy duty, no nonsense louver that is going to last. I dont want to put a $100 eBay louver on my car that will fade and warp in the sun.

I've looked on American Muscle and Car I.D. and I'm just not that impressed.

Am I missing a vendor or a product line that is out there that I am not aware of? I'm not worried about cost. I just want a quality rear louver.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Willpak ABS louver am happy with with it. Just be sure of placement when attaching the mounts to the glass. One shot, one kill
Thanks! Can you post a pic of them on your car?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
33 Posts
Reactions: GETRAMD and NoCash

·
Registered
218 Posts
I’ve got the MP Concepts because I liked the way they look. I just put them on this year so no idea about longevity yet, but no rattling and I did not have to use the foam spacers.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put these Aluminum Louvers from Summit on on my car. They are made by Willpak. Even had Willpak instructions in the box.

I like the fact that your back window is tinted and the louvers kind of blend a bit. This makes the bottom louver curvature not so noticeable.

How are you liking the Summit one's so far?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
33 Posts
Reactions: GETRAMD

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
I have decided on the MP Concepts (On Amazon, and American Muscle), they have the most uniform look, and none of the odd curve the most of them seem to have, even both of the nice quality aluminum ones out there. I was trying to find a place that I could drive to and pick them up, like a mini road trip, but no luck so far.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have decided on the MP Concepts (On Amazon, and American Muscle), they have the most uniform look, and none of the odd curve the most of them seem to have, even both of the nice quality aluminum ones out there. I was trying to find a place that I could drive to and pick them up, like a mini road trip, but no luck so far.
From the looks of them I'm pretty sure the manufacturer of the MP Concepts and the one I bought from Ebay are one and the same. The difference seems to be in the installation kits. The MP seems to use 3M tape and provides adhesion promoter where I had to purchase them on my own, increasing the cost a little So the difference is now about 20 or 25 dollars. I'm happy with the one I bought. No problems with noise Seems to be staying put. The washers are showing a little bit of rusting. So I'm going to get stainless steel to replace them.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
From the looks of them I'm pretty sure the manufacturer of the MP Concepts and the one I bought from Ebay are one and the same. The difference seems to be in the installation kits. The MP seems to use 3M tape and provides adhesion promoter where I had to purchase them on my own, increasing the cost a little So the difference is now about 20 or 25 dollars. I'm happy with the one I bought. No problems with noise Seems to be staying put. The washers are showing a little bit of rusting. So I'm going to get stainless steel to replace them.
Yours is very similar, but not quite the same.
Both have 5 slats, and 3 supports. Yours has smooth sides with exposed nuts (your nuts are showing...)
The MP Concepts one has (I guess) wider slats with recessed nuts. (so many jokes there)
Yours (I think)

MP Concepts
(stolen from AmericanMuscle not mine)

Without seeing them in person, I guess the final pick would be on perceived quality, but I think I like the MP ones better from pictures.
Similar angle to your picture

vs

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yours is very similar, but not quite the same.
Both have 5 slats, and 3 supports. Yours has smooth sides with exposed nuts (your nuts are showing...)
The MP Concepts one has (I guess) wider slats with recessed nuts. (so many jokes there)
Yours (I think)
View attachment 1020757
MP Concepts
(stolen from AmericanMuscle not mine)

View attachment 1020758
Without seeing them in person, I guess the final pick would be on perceived quality, but I think I like the MP ones better from pictures.
Similar angle to your picture
View attachment 1020759
vs
View attachment 1020761
They are a little different. Not much savings (after you add supplies) for the Ebay one. I'm happy with mine though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts