Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Quite new to the forum, but been driving an 09 SRT8 Challenger for about two years now.

Went out to my second drag race a few weekends ago and had an awesome time, and got (what I thought was) my best time so far in the car.

The track has a quarter mile time plus half mile trap speed. I ran what felt at the time to be my best run, got off the back end of the strip and my buddy yells at me saying I ran a 13.03 second quarter mile at 118.6mph. Super excited I go to grab my slip and toss it in the glove box and go over and tell the people I was there with my time. I go to look at my slip and it says 14.03...I was very confused.

Luckily for me, my buddy took a video and sure enough, they announce my time at 13.03. Never did bother to go and ask about changing my slip. In addition to being my best quarter mile time, I had never managed to get the car going that fast in the trap speed either and felt like I actually had the best launch of the day.

Does anyone know if that stands up to reason? My other time was 13.68 but the top speed on that was a full 5mph slower at 113...I didn't imagine my best run of the day (or so I thought) would end up almost a full 0.3 seconds less in the quarter, but over 5 mph faster in the half.

Maybe I'm just super sore, but my buddies have been giving me shit ever since (rightfully so) saying I never ran close to a 13.03. Just wondering other people think...

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Curious where you race at? Your trap speeds look way off, way too high for the times if you car is anywhere close to stock.

What were your 60 foots? Just for what it's worth, 6.1s are definitely capable of 12s, but a lot of people run low to mid 13s with them so that's where you should be...

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
So the track does a quarter mile time slip and a half mile trap speed? Did you mean quarter mile time slip and quarter mile trap speed? If so the 118 mph trap speed seems way off, from what I've seen most 6.1 SRT's that are basically stock run in the 13's and trap 107-109 stock. Of course track conditions, manual vs automatic, weather, DA etc all enter into what the car is going to run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts