Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2014 R/T Plus. I have constantly been having issues with my quarter panel marker lights filling with water. Especially the driverside. The left side got so bad that the socket rusted and I had the dealer replace the socket. Now , I noticed the light bulb was out again and it was the same problem. This time I took a tiny drill bit and drilled two drainage holes in each marker light housing. Anyone else having this issue? The left side is able to work for now, but I can see that I will have the replace the socket again.

·
Super Moderator
15,989 Posts
probably replace the side marker assembly - the seal between the outer lens and the housing might be bad.

I haven't heard of the issues of water getting inside, but that's probably what you have going on.

they clip in, so replacing them isn't difficult

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
I agree, not a common complaint so I suspect your side marker seals

A Guy

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are made with a small black circle with a screen type material. I guess the factory knows that moisture must build up inside. The little vent screen didn't do its job. I went to auto Zone last night and bought some new bulbs and a replacement socket. Like they say.....if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts