Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looks like i'm the first "frenchie" to post here in the canadian part of the forum. I ordered an Hemi Orange R/T and i'm waiting for it. Don't know how long it will take , by what i read i should try to find one already built !!!
I live in Vaudreuil-Dorion , west of Montreal , and i ordered my R/T from DesSources.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yup welcome. Take a quick look around i think it is in the 500 series thread that i saw someone say there was one or two in Montreal. Good luck you really need to drive one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Salut!I am a Dodge fan since my teanage year & looking to buy my fisrt new Dodge .So I go for the big league & order an SRT 6 speed June 23rd & still in BX status.I am offended that some American drive their 2009 6 speed before us .From the Challenger registry we see some R/T & SRT manual order after me have been delivered.My 1st experience so far with Chrysler is awful I am disconcert.
car previously owned:1968 R/T Charger 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 318 auto
1969 Charger Daytona B5 white wing 440 auto
I guess my 2009 Challenger will be antique if Dodge ever built it...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: Quebec buy Challenger from Ontario

Could not wait any longer & status going backward,so I told the dealer manager some SRT 6 speed available in Ontario,he made a search & found 8 available in Ontario.He bought 3 or 4 & sold me one next day.Just more option than I ordered but who knows if Dodge will built more...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
She's a beauty, Kid! Way to go! I had to do the same thing except went to different dealer in Kingston.

I work in Vaudreuil-Dorion, look forward to seeing you some time. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Re: Quebec buy Challenger from Ontario

Could not wait any longer & status going backward,so I told the dealer manager some SRT 6 speed available in Ontario,he made a search & found 8 available in Ontario.He bought 3 or 4 & sold me one next day.Just more option than I ordered but who knows if Dodge will be more...
Excellent choice, congratulations,a few extra options won't weigh you down,
I didnt get any deals on mine, but I bought my R/T on a trade in deal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congratulation Kid ! You got yours now. I called India today for the status of mine and still BX. I first ordered Hemi Orange , but since everybody is getting that color , I made a change on the order to get a Stone White R/T. Daddy Kool will drive his in Dorion and i'm just beside , so i'll have a different color !!! :rofl: :bigthumb:
From which dealer did you get it ???

·
Registered
212 Posts
Bought my 2009 SRT manual From Des Sources Dodge Chrysler in Dollard-des- Ormeaux,QC
Inventory at this dealer on November 20th,1 2009 SRT manual orange,1 2009SRT manual black,1 2009 SRT orange auto,1 2009 SRT black auto,1 2009 R/T manual,1 R/T auto black.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Bought my 2009 SRT manual From Des Sources Dodge Chrysler in Dollard-des- Ormeaux,QC
Inventory at this dealer on November 20th,1 2009 SRT manual orange,1 2009SRT manual black,1 2009 SRT orange auto,1 2009 SRT black auto,1 2009 R/T manual,1 R/T auto black.
Way to go kidcharger !! That's a beautiful looking ride !!:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the same dealership, i went there last week . The black 6 speed R/T was already sold, they had the 2 black Chally 500, 1 red SE and 1 orange SRT. I think i'll go back there pay them a visit and see if I can be flexible in my options and get one faster ... You not going to drive it in the winter !!??

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
No Kid, mine did not end with those numbers. This Challenger was my second attempt at getting one. Had a contract with a Montreal dealer that was only able to tell me that "all he knew was that I was still in "BX" status-After 9 months.
So I lost my patience and went shopping around.
The guys at Des Sources claimed they could find me one, and did!
Got it within 7 days, but it was brought in from Peterbourough, Ontario.

I really dont care where it came from as long as it's in MY garage....

Have any of you guys installed the "Skip Shift Eliminator"?
I got caught with thing a few times when I was not expecting it, and , as far as I'm concerned this device is dangerous. I ordered & received the Eliminator from E-Bay but have not yet had the time to install it.

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did not experience the 1-4 skip shift yet.Am I a good driver?Over 17 years experience with tractor trailer 13 speed,15 speed,5X4 gears..Should I say to you get a driving lesson?:icon_confused:I drove over 1000 km in Montreal traffic with no issue yet...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
No driving lesson needed here Kid. I have just been babying it for a bit.
You must be shifting out of first gear above 2800RMP, anything less and the skip shift would have engaged. There's no way aroung it other that an Eliminator.

I will add that the one I got from Adaptive had the 2.2K Ohm resistance and threw a code. After some research on this great site I found out that some of our SRT-8's need a 0.25K Ohm resistance. Adaptive seems all over this issue and is helping out

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yes Kid.
It would seem there's 2 different resistance values possible for 2009-6 speed challenger skip shift eliminators/selenoids.
It seems that Dodge may have had different suppliers of skip shift selenoids and there may be a variance in their resistances.
We have all been under the assumption that since the Tremec TR6060 (used in our Challengers) is basicaly the same as the old Tremec T56 (used in a lot of performance cars) that the same 2.2k Ohm Eliminator would work. NOT SO!!!!

Most Eliminators have an internal resistance value of 2.2K Ohms, this is the one that was shipped to me. However it seems that folks all over are getting "check engine " falt code, including me. The proposed solution from Adadtive Performance is to use a 0.25K Ohm resistance value instead and therefore no falt code.

I'm supposed to be getting a replacement in the next week and if there's no snow on the ground, I'll install it and report back.

Should you get a code and actually know why, (in this case we do) it's easy to erase without going to the dealer: Simply unplug the battery wait 2 minutes, turn on and off the headlights (as to flush any residual voltage in the ECM) and re-connect the battery-Bye Bye code!

You may need to recalibrate the BAS/ESP after: Also easy, just start the car, straighten out the wheels, turn the wheels all the way to the left, then all the way to the right and the BAS/ESP light will go out.

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
I got my eliminator from speedinc (it has a 250 ohm resistor) and have not set any codes yet. It is finished nicely and looks like a factory install.

For the skip shift to occur, you must meet the following conditions:
Engine at operating temp
Driving in 1st gear
Light throttle (<20%)
Speed between 19-21 when attempting shift to 2nd gear.

I found it most annoying when pulling out slowly, like when rounding a corner, and just when you want 2nd gear to move out, you're forced into 4th gear and the engine lugs. :thdown:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts