Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so i am new to sports cars. I have a challenger GT and was wondering when doing a 0-60 do you push the gas pedal to the floor? Or do you go half way down with it?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don’t have AWD here so I can’t say for sure but my advice is put your brakes on then push the gas down some to load up the transmission and wheels and pop off the brake and launch paying attention to your rpms. If you spun wheels your rpms where too high. If you don’t try again with more gas until you DO spin em. Once you do back your RPMs off a tad and that is your launch target. Once you start rolling steadily roll the gas to the floor.

mom in Phoenix with a scat pack and in the summer I can get 2200 or rpms without spinning.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Just floor it works, but the method suggested above (power braking to raise revs) will get you your best 0-60 if you don't spin the tires. Not sure if best 0-60 is with AWD (assuming you don't have a RWD GT?), or RWD?

A Guy

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Try out the Launch Control.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just floor it works, but the method suggested above (power braking to raise revs) will get you your best 0-60 if you don't spin the tires. Not sure if best 0-60 is with AWD (assuming you don't have a RWD GT?), or RWD?

A Guy
It is a GT with AWD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts