Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an RBZ 430 unit off ebay and love it. Works great. I have a question on the display settings. There are 3 settings on it...daytime, auto and night time. I'm not sure what the "auto" setting is supposed to do. Mine just looks like it goes on the brightest setting and stays on it. It does not change depending on the environment...is it supposed to?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My eBay purchased 430 unit does/did the same thing, also the hard drive crashed and won't hold songs any more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Wow that sucks! Mine works perfect other than the issue I posted about. I'm just not sure what that "auto" function is even supposed to do since mine does nothing apparently...other than go to full bright.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yea money down the mod drain lol...it may be an issue with putting an older unit in a newer car that uses a different dash sensor than the challenger. I know mine was from a 2010 Sebring.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You have to play with settings to get it right. Mine was goofy too until I got it set right. Now at night its not too bright and during the day It's just right. Read the 430N manual. You have to adj the level of brightness you want for each mode.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You have to play with settings to get it right. Mine was goofy too until I got it set right. Now at night its not too bright and during the day It's just right. Read the 430N manual. You have to adj the level of brightness you want for each mode.

I can adjust night and day settings just fine but the auto setting has no adjustments and appears to just stay bright when I select it. BTW my unit is NOT the nav unit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
On the auto setting with the headlights on the brightness is controlled by the dash light dimmer

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I can adjust night and day settings just fine but the auto setting has no adjustments and appears to just stay bright when I select it. BTW my unit is NOT the nav unit.
On the auto setting with the headlights on the brightness is controlled by the dash light dimmer
In order for the auto brightness to work, you have to have to dash light dimmer set 1 notch below the detent position.. Its called Parade mode..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts