Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if brake lights light up when car notices an object it front and slows down for you? I couldn't find answer in Manuel or the CD. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
I would imagine it would, especially if braking system is engaged.

At typical expressway / highway speeds it probably cuts throttle and downshifts the tranny.

Under the conditions of more decel that's required, the "Brake" message shows up in the cluster alerting the driver.
As a last measure, the ACC applies the brakes if the driver doesn't react quickly enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the radar senses you are about to hit something, the DIC will light up and the car will automatically apply the brakes...HARD When using adaptive cruise control you set the distance to short, medium, long and the vehicle will automatically slow to maintain distance then go back to preset speed when the object clears.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the brake lights definitely come on when the ACC applies the brakes.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
That's the answer I was looking for. I like the system a lot but just wondered about brake lights. Thanks

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
That's the answer I was looking for. I like the system a lot but just wondered about brake lights. Thanks

Good deal and I need to check it again but thought even the standard cruise control will apply the brakes and brake lights if you hit deccel hard enough.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, any time the brake is activated (manually, standard CC, adaptive CC, active braking) the brake lights come on. Verified when driving at night, as well as when a big rig with their shiny front fascias are behind me, I can see my taillights come on very clearly. I love the adaptive CC, lets me rest my legs during stop n go.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Per Owners Manuals

Owner's Manuals comments relative to Adaptive Cruise Control

2011 Charger...

"Can only apply a maximum of 25% of the vehicle’s
braking capability, and will not bring the vehicle to a
complete stop."

2015 Challenger...

"The maximum braking applied by ACC is limited."
"NOTE: The brake lights will illuminate whenever the