Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,
I am looking to install a 4 channel amp in my 2016 and will add a subwoofer later. I wanted to know, has anyone installed an amp w/o the sub and ran the door and rear speakers off of it? I really don't need megabass, I this if I can get the most out of my aftermarket speakers I may be able to get by without the subs. Has anyone done this? How is the sound quality? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Forum,
I am looking to install a 4 channel amp in my 2016 and will add a subwoofer later. I wanted to know, has anyone installed an amp w/o the sub and ran the door and rear speakers off of it? I really don't need megabass, I this if I can get the most out of my aftermarket speakers I may be able to get by without the subs. Has anyone done this? How is the sound quality? Thanks for any input.
Sounds quality goes up exponentially with aftermarket speakers. I ran them all off the headunit amp for a few weeks.

Currently have a 5 channel amp with a PAC Audio ap4-ch41 interface. I run the dash speakers off the headunit still. With the subwoofer turned off the systems is still very impressive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds quality goes up exponentially with aftermarket speakers. I ran them all off the headunit amp for a few weeks.

Currently have a 5 channel amp with a PAC Audio ap4-ch41 interface. I run the dash speakers off the headunit still. With the subwoofer turned off the systems is still very impressive.

I too would like to run the dash speakers off the head unit. Do they have their own outputs from the head unit or are they wired together with the door speakers?

·
Registered
194 Posts

Is there a reason you're running the dash speakers off the headunit?

It's my understanding the ap4 unit's purpose is to flaten out and factory tweaks and preserve the nav and warning sounds.

I'm still deciding what I want to do, so I'm curious about your choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there a reason you're running the dash speakers off the headunit?

It's my understanding the ap4 unit's purpose is to flaten out and factory tweaks and preserve the nav and warning sounds.

I'm still deciding what I want to do, so I'm curious about your choice.
In hindsight i should have bought component speaker for the front instead of doing install as i did.

The reason i went the route i did was because i was concerned with running new wires to the dash. During my install i realized doing that would have been easy.

Ap4 is 100% the way to go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the 6 speaker amplifier Alpine system in my 2018 RT+ and the module worked. I think the quick litmus test is to see if you have any sort of badging on your speaker shrouds up front. If you see Alpine, premium, etc you should be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts