Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided not to go the emblem route on my spoiler, but instead got a legit, T/A style decal for it instead. I assumed it was just a regular "sticker" type decal, but it is more like a restoration piece and needs liquid for it to work. It came with decent instructions, all except the liquid part. It was really vague. From what I read online, the liquid should be mostly water with some rubbing alcohol and a little bit of dish soap... does this sound right?? Has anyone ever used these before?

Also, my spoiler is plasti-dipped... what are the odds that this decal is actually going to stick HAHA

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've installed many of those style decals before, very easy, Well on a painted surface, not sure about plasti-dipped

1. clean the surface, rubbing alcohol will work.
2. I use soapy water, make sure its wet so you can make sure its in place where you want it.
3. get something like a credit card and start in the middle and slowly work your way out, removing the water and air bubbles.
4. after using rubbing alcohol, you will need to apply some wax, the alcohol eats it away.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! One other question, I've read to leave it sit about 1/2 hour before trying to peel off the front layer. Does that sound right to you? Also, your last instruction is confusing me. after you apply it, you use rubbing alcohol again? and then wax?? like car wax? What exactly does the alcohol eat away, because I don't think I can wax a plasti-dipped spoiler. Or.. am I just being dense and not understanding you... thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts