Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. I don't have the Auto-dimming mirror in my Challenger and would like to put one in. 1) Can I put one in? Is the wiring plug there for it? Not interested in the Uconnect, just tired of the headlights in the rear view mirror. Thanks.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I don't know the answer but I am going to lean towards no. Only because upgrading other "small" electronics such as steering wheel mounted controls is a huge pain. The cumulative thing is wiring is there but it requires a computer flash which doesn't take. Grrrrrr

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Honestly, I think the regular mirror works much better. I had the regular one in my Charger and I have the auto dimming one in the Challenger, and it isn't dim enough! It does work better than the one I had in my Ram though. I just ended up turning it off.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Brampton Builder from this site (works in the factory building challengers) told me that you need two parts. The auto dimming mirror itself, and the harness that goes from the mirror over to the drivers side A piller. Apparently, there is a plug at the bottom end of the A pillar that this harness plugs into. That portion of the wiring is supposedly part of all cars, but the harness from the mirror to the A pillar is what is missing from our cars that don't have auto dimming already.

I've found a mirror/harness a couple of times, but the junkyards want huge bucks for them.. more than I wanted to pay.

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can add an auto-dim mirror, I did this a few weeks back. I picked up a auto-dim mirror w/mic from another forum member. I have not been able to get the mic to work (still trying to find the right part/connector) but the auto-dim feature is fine.

The mirror I used is 68020439AB (that's w/mic) plus the wiring harness 82211666. You basically have to run the cable across the headliner then down the a-pillar and across to get to the 12-v lighter. The mirror was about $150 and i believe that harness was around $65 but i've seen them both go for more.

you can find more details in this thread: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f39/auto-dimming-mirror-install-44416/http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f39/auto-dimming-mirror-install-44416/

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
you are correct

Brampton Builder from this site (works in the factory building challengers) told me that you need two parts. The auto dimming mirror itself, and the harness that goes from the mirror over to the drivers side A piller. Apparently, there is a plug at the bottom end of the A pillar that this harness plugs into. That portion of the wiring is supposedly part of all cars, but the harness from the mirror to the A pillar is what is missing from our cars that don't have auto dimming already.

I've found a mirror/harness a couple of times, but the junkyards want huge bucks for them.. more than I wanted to pay.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts