Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my install of the Maggie blower, I opted to put a small filter on the oil fill tube port instead of the tube that leads down to where the OWM air box used to be.

I have got a custom CAI fender pull tube going down behind the drivers fog light area.

My question is this.....

Now that I have a filter on the side of the Oil Fill spount that has a slight vaccuum when car is running, is pulling the heat from the engine compartment bad for it? Does it really need an air source from the Airbox area for fresh air?

If this is the case, I will have to pull my CAI tube and machine a hold to mount the nipple onto it. then I would have to run a hose from the side of the Oil Fill Spout to the newly installed nipple on the CAI tube. This would be as close as I can get to the OEM setup.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'll do for me... Thanks MM!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
That's what I have, but one thing to watch out for is that when you add oil, some may run into the breather filter itself if it is just hanging on the side of the fill tube. What I did to fix that is I put a rubber tubing elbow between the filler neck and the breather filter. That way I can easily turn the elbow upward so that the filter remains higher than the fill neck when adding oil and it won't get saturated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts