Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Question about Build Sheet and 1-Touch Up Windows

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Idoono 
#1 ·
Okay, I'm looking at the factory build sheet for my ordered car and I see the following two items (not next to each other, one is on the third page and the other is on the last page). Does anyone know what "Auto Express Up Not Available" means? Is that referring to the windows? I ask because there have been several forum members reporting the 1-Touch Up feature is not enabled on their 2018's. I'm just wondering if they're trying to tell me it's not enabled on my car either.

* Pwr Front Windows, 1-Touch,Up & Down

* Auto Express Up Not Available

Thanks,
saint 0:)

#2 ·
there early build '18s don't seem to have the functionality - yet.

Another similar item was the SP Bee animation on early '15 SPAG option - the animation was n/a on early builds and couldn't be flashed to install afterward...

#5 ·
Look towards the end of your build codes and you may see Auto Express Up not available on there. If you have that then your not getting auto up windows even though if says it has it at the beginning of the sheets. My cars build date was 10/14/17 and I don't have them. Not sure what's going on but really a non issue for me. The joy of driving this thing around outweighs any nuisance auto up window issue!

#6 ·
Why would they make a big deal about one touch up windows, even show it as an item on the build sheet, then not have it working still? How difficult a technology can it be? Sheesh, along with the radio issues, it's amazing the wheels don't fall off. A Guy

#9 ·
You wouldn't think it is as big of a deal that it apparently is.

#11 ·
That is so odd. Mercedes uses frameless glass on their coupes and has been doing this for 20 years...

#12 ·
I think it comes down to them not getting it to function properly using existing components and door design. Prob could have it work with design changes to the internals of the doors. This of course would've added significant cost just to add this feature. With a new car coming in 2 years they prob just don't want to invest development money into the current car.

#13 ·
Wonder about the legality of selling a car with a feature, even documented on build sheet, that does not work?

A Guy

#14 ·
My 2018 was built 7/2017 and no auto up. Was told this won't be added until later in the model year, some kind of software issue. On start up, I get the "shaker" logo, not the dancing bee (mine is R/T 392 Shaker car).
I love the car, but there are a few things that make me go....hmmmm

#16 ·
Unless you ordered SP Apperance Grp, you don't get the SP Bee animation. On the 392 Shaker, its "Shaker" on the splash screen...

That's the way mine is - not ordered with SPAG, so it displays Shaker on start up.

#19 ·
My 16 has one touch up.....My finger just has to stay on the button for about 5 seconds....

I actually have it for real on my 17 gmc pick up and sometime its comedic as I get in the up and down loop cause the switch detente is so sensitive....up/down/up/down/up/down. :lol:

Reactions: silver scat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.