Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a bunch of posts about this, but most are pretty old at this point. Looking for info from those that have recently gotten their challengers built. I have my 2019 TA ordered, and I placed the order 2 and a half weeks ago. Got a VIN right away, and now it's just sat in D status since then. With the new incentives, I have 1 month for the car to get built to take advantage. As I understand it, with it being a TA it's going to have to go to an upfitter which is going to take even more time. With the current incentives, as much as I'd like to have my specific build, I'd rather get the extra cash off and just buy something on the lot. Too hard to justify paying thousands more just to get a few specific options. What has been people's recent experiences? Do you think I'll get my order before 9/3, or should I start preparing for the likelihood that I'm going to have to start looking on the lot?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Figure about 2 months total, but could be more or less. Add another week or 2 for going to the upfitter.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sorry I can't help with actual build time. I have to believe any model that has to hit the upfitter would have a difficult time staying in a 6 week window.

If you don't mind, could you share your build/configuration?

With that info, we could at least help you in your search for a 2019 T/A in inventory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I can't help with actual build time. I have to believe any model that has to hit the upfitter would have a difficult time staying in a 6 week window.

If you don't mind, could you share your build/configuration?

With that info, we could at least help in your search for a 2019 T/A in inventory.
2019 RT scat pack
6 speed manual
Red brake calipers
T/A package
Driver convenience group
Plus package
Go mango paint
Black hood pin kit
Power sunroof

Man, I was hoping I would have gotten lucky and ordered at just the right time, but it's not sounding likely. The dealership said they were turning them out really fast lately, but sitting in D status for over 2 weeks certainly isn't particularly quick

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Unless FCA extends this $$$ program you're probably not going to make it.

They've extended before so not out of the question, best just to keep in contact with your dealer. If it's close, maybe they can work something out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless FCA extends this $$$ program you're probably not going to make it.

They've extended before so not out of the question, best just to keep in contact with your dealer. If it's close, maybe they can work something out.

Yeah, I'm not willing to bank a good $4,000 on that chance. If it's going to be close I'm just going to have to start looking on the lots. I don't know what it is about Arizona, but none of the dealers like to stock the TAs, anything in GoMango, or manual transmissions. Finding all 3 around here is impossible

·
Registered
805 Posts
2019 RT scat pack
6 speed manual
Red brake calipers
T/A package
Driver convenience group
Plus package
Go mango paint
Black hood pin kit
Power sunroof

Man, I was hoping I would have gotten lucky and ordered at just the right time, but it's not sounding likely. The dealership said they were turning them out really fast lately, but sitting in D status for over 2 weeks certainly isn't particularly quick
Now comes the hard part...What can you live w/out and/or do you have an alternative color choice??

I know, I hate to even ask, as I am a big believer in #1 getting the color combo you want and #2 getting the transmission you want.

Closest match I found to your Go Mango build, is missing the sunroof, red calipers and hood pins. That is a lot to give up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, particularly the hood pins I wouldn't give up, I like the retro look they add to the TA. But I'd imagine they wouldn't cost too much to get installed aftermarket. I could live without the red calipers or sunroof, but they would definitely suck to lose.

I like the high impact colors in the TA. The sublime green is nice. Unfortunately I'm not thrilled with the yellow. I forget the name of the darker green (don't know when the sublime green was released), but that's somewhat ok. I don't know if I could see getting any other color options. The manual transmission is a must and is non-negotiable.

With there already being a VIN, you'd think the dealer could just finalize the sale as is before delivery. I'd be happy to make a payment a month or two before I actually get the car. I'm guessing Dodge tracks the actual date the vehicle is delivered though?

Where did you find the GoMango at?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
With there already being a VIN, you'd think the dealer could just finalize the sale as is before delivery.
NEVER do that! What if the vehicle arrives damaged or not to your liking? You'd be stuck with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NEVER do that! What if the vehicle arrives damaged or not to your liking? You'd be stuck with it.
I mean, I'd be "stuck" with a fully warrantied vehicle. A far more likely scenario is I buy it, take it home and then over the first couple months start having issues because I got a lemon, and that happens to people all the time. There's always some risk in buying a car, but when buying new with a factory warranty it seems like a pretty small one

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I mean, I'd be "stuck" with a fully warrantied vehicle. A far more likely scenario is I buy it, take it home and then over the first couple months start having issues because I got a lemon, and that happens to people all the time. There's always some risk in buying a car, but when buying new with a factory warranty it seems like a pretty small one
Do what you want then. I'd never buy a vehicle sight unseen and not having test drove it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do what you want then. I'd never buy a vehicle sight unseen and not having test drove it.
I doubt they'd give me that option anyway, but I will definitely ask and see what they say. I'll take that risk for several thousand off.

I'd like to see where speedshift found that GoMango TA at. I can definitely get hoodpins installed, so if all I'm losing are the red calipers and sunroof I think I can deal with that

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,859 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeller saw this and is now enroute to its cry closet (cry garage). :geek:

View attachment 976787
Ha, just personal preference. The TAs need one of the high impact colors to do them justice, and although yellow fits the bill there, the color just doesn't really do it for me. Still waiting to see the one Speedshift says he found, but otherwise I'll just see where my build is in a couple weeks and reassess I suppose

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,859 Posts
Ha, just personal preference. The TAs need one of the high impact colors to do them justice, and although yellow fits the bill there, the color just doesn't really do it for me. Still waiting to see the one Speedshift says he found, but otherwise I'll just see where my build is in a couple weeks and reassess I suppose
Sure cannot fault you for Go Mango.

One member posted pics of his Scat Pack Widebody and it was phenomenal.

If I can find it......I’ll edit this post with his pic.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yeah, particularly the hood pins I wouldn't give up, I like the retro look they add to the TA. But I'd imagine they wouldn't cost too much to get installed aftermarket. I could live without the red calipers or sunroof, but they would definitely suck to lose.

I like the high impact colors in the TA. The sublime green is nice. Unfortunately I'm not thrilled with the yellow. I forget the name of the darker green (don't know when the sublime green was released), but that's somewhat ok. I don't know if I could see getting any other color options. The manual transmission is a must and is non-negotiable.

With there already being a VIN, you'd think the dealer could just finalize the sale as is before delivery. I'd be happy to make a payment a month or two before I actually get the car. I'm guessing Dodge tracks the actual date the vehicle is delivered though?

Where did you find the GoMango at?
Hey I was wrong...It DOES have the hood pins!

It also looks to have the dynamics package/6 piston front Brembos.

Place is in Leesburg VA.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey I was wrong...It DOES have the hood pins!

It also looks to have the dynamics package/6 piston front Brembos.

Place is in Leesburg VA.

View attachment 976816
Nice, I could definitely work with that! I'd have no idea how to go about buying a vehicle from another state though, and I'm guessing the cost to ship it to me would be more than I'd save anyway

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
That's another one of those MD and VA dealers that advertise a huge discount then they add a bunch of crap back in. Like destination which is already on the window sticker, they don't care, they will charge you another $1495 for it plus an $895 processing fee. Lol, that's $2500 right there. I couldn't imagine dealing long distance with guys like this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's another one of those MD and VA dealers that advertise a huge discount then they add a bunch of crap back in. Like destination which is already on the window sticker, they don't care, they will charge you another $1495 for it plus an $895 processing fee. Lol, that's $2500 right there. I couldn't imagine dealing long distance with guys like this.

Kinda my thinking. Not to mention it already has a good $3000 in upgrades I don't need. My dealer already gave me $4000 off sticker, plus I have $1,000 off from USAA and $500 from Sam's club and the only additional charge is the $200 tint job that I agreed to (all cars come tinted from the dealer in AZ) The only issue is how much I can get from incentives. I think I'm just gonna roll with what I have. Even after the 3rd, I've got to believe there are gonna be some kind of incentives to clear out the 2019s. Probably not as good, but I guess I'll have to wait and see

1 - 20 of 34 Posts