Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 SXT and I am looking to change her sound a bit. I want the low rumble in the lower RPM's without getting too much drone or whine in the higher. I have read hundreds of posts about the different kinds of mods and I am now thoroughly confused. I guess my question is, how do I get the sound that I want? Which combination of things is going to get me there? I checked out the Magnaflow pro series online and it seems to have the sound I'm looking for, but is there anything else out there?

I've heard that a CAI will help with the sound and give you a few more horsepower to boot. I'm looking to squeak out some more hp if possible. I know that Bella won't ever sound like a V-8 but I'd like to make her sound a little meaner than she does stock.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Zoomers or electric cutouts are your best bet. Zoomers have an awesome sound and no drone and cost about 1k. Electric cutouts will sound louder and perhaps meaner, and you can mount them on your stock exhaust. You control how loud they are with a switch. They cost less than $500. If you have the money and always want the sound get the Zoomers. If you are on a budget and want to control whether you are loud or quiet check out the DMH low-profile cutouts at marylandspeed.com.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to go check those out right now. I've been told that the Magnaflows are a good product but I'm not totally thrilled about the $1500 price tag that comes with them. I don't mind spending the $$ but if I can get something equal for less then obviously that's what I'd try.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not sure if sxt exhaust is similar to r/t's but I removed the resonators stuffed under the rear quarters, replaced the muffler with flowmasters and sounds like what U maybe looking 4 . Just a few hundred bucks. Couple this with a CAI and the sound is pretty awesome. If drone gets to loud, turn up the stereo.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I've never thought aftermarket exhausts sound good on a V6. You will never get the rumble of a V8... that being said, LOTS of people have been happy with the Solo exhaust. It makes it sound meaner, but not something more than it is. You might want to check that out.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I have a 2012 SXT and all I did was replace the mufflers with Flowmasters (I think it only cost me $350 and took them like 30 min to do) and added Airaid CAI and I get compliments all the time on the sound..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have a 2012 SXT and all I did was replace the mufflers with Flowmasters (I think it only cost me $350 and took them like 30 min to do) and added Airaid CAI and I get compliments all the time on the sound..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Just to clarify: you replaced the (mid) mufflers with the FMs, but did you leave the (rear) resonators, or did you delete them? Also which FMs did you use?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts