Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob question. I bought a 2010 challenger r/t a while back. Looking to mod it.
It already has a mopar CAI. Any way I can identify what the exhaust system is? The dealer told its a corsa cat back, but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is definitely not a corsa then. looks like this right now. I have a feeling the dealer lied about the exaust mod and its a stock.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,557 Posts
Look underneath. Is it one big muffler or 2 separate ones? Those are stock tips but....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 separate

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,557 Posts
Then someone installed a catback or replaced just the mufflers because 2010's had one big muffler. Can you get some pics of the mufflers and where the tips are connected?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was going to say the same thing...my 2010 is a a 6spd and I had 2 of them...then I swapped them out for a Magnaflow Cat. Back..kept stock tips for now..But i'm thinking about doing the "Resn. delete".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a 6 spd. the pics requested are below. looks like its a stock. whats a good buy for exhaust, and how big a difference will it make.

sorry about it being the other way round ...

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,557 Posts
Is your car a 6 speed or auto? The 6 speed cars in 2010 had 2 separate mufflers.
Damn....us A5 guys got rooked again :bncry:
In those pics I don't see any resonators and those mufflers don't look stock..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That looks like Flowmaster or magnaflow mufflers with resonators deleted...definitely not stock. They just re-used the stock tips. Unless you dislike the sound you get from those mufflers no use in upgrading from a performance standpoint.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for your help guys. I was looking for a more deeper growl. Whats my best option?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks a lot for your help guys. I was looking for a more deeper growl. Whats my best option?
Is there anyway that you could get a better shot of the mufflers? If they are Flowmaster mufflers, and you can get the serial number off of the sides, I would be able to suggest a different muffler for you. It is difficult to say which muffler would produce a deeper tone for your application without knowing exactly what your current set-up is comprised of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts