Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I decided to order a 2018 Challenger Scat Pack. Actually have two questions: Question one is how long does it takes for delivery when placing a order? Question two is the fees I'm being charge(which I attached), filling fee of $389, tire disposal fee of $12.50. Is that the normal price fees I'm supposed to be charged?

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,024 Posts
Hello everyone, I decided to order a 2018 challenger scat pack. Actually have two questions: Question one is how long does it takes for delivery when placing a order? Question two is the fees I'm being charge(which I attached), filling fee of 389, tire disposal fee of 12.50. Is that the normal price fees I'm supposed to be charged?
The "filing fee" could be a bit of highway robbery. (What additional info is available at the footnote indicated by the 3 asterisks?)

Here's a link you might of some value.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/car-dealers-are-double-charging-new-car-fees.htm

If you have any questions about a particular fee you should ask about it *before* you sign on the dotted line.

I don't recall much about the fees I paid when I bought my new car other than all appeared to be just the basic fees like a title transfer fee, DMV registration fee, doc fee ($80), and a silly CA "tire" fee (approx. $7).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello everyone, I decided to order a 2018 challenger scat pack. Actually have two questions: Question one is how long does it takes for delivery when placing a order? Question two is the fees I'm being charge(which I attached), filling fee of 389, tire disposal fee of 12.50. Is that the normal price fees I'm supposed to be charged?
Somewhere on that form it should tell you what it means with the *** next to it. If it's not a state required fee don't pay it.
The tire fee is likely a state fee that you have no choice on. Most states have a tire fee just like most have an electronics disposal fee on new stuff.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,024 Posts
So I shouldn't pay that much or no filling fee...there's nothing much in the footnote
What praiseV8 said. Once the form is signed there's no going back unless you can show the dealer in some way broke the law.

But not much chance of that. For dealers that play games with fees and such they know what they can get away with.

Did you read any of the write up on fees at the link I sent you? IF you haven't signed ask what the fee is for.

If you haven't signed and you don't like what reason the dealer gives for charging you the fee, and the dealer refuses to remove it (and removes it not just move it to another entry line) get up and walk out. It is unlikely the dealer will forfeit a probably pretty profitable car lease for the sake a few hundred dollars more. And no finance guy wants to be guilty of losing a sale in his office that was so hard fought to win on the sales floor.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
All those are made up fees and everyone is negotiable, they do what ever they can to get more money out of you. The less you know the better they like you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Tell the dealer you know his fees are absolute BS and WILL NOT pay them! This is part of the reason why dealerships are so often referred to as "stealerships." They blatantly will rip you off! Agree on the final price of the car and not a penny more. The most powerful tool you have is the willingness to immediately walk away if the dealer insists on playing their greedy games.

·
Vendor
12,568 Posts
no documentation or any other bs fees ever with us, and we deliver nearly anywhere or you can fly and drive it home.....

Great sales experience with never any documentation or bs fees of any sort!!!!!

There are no additional FEES to be added to our price! This saves you up to $2500 over what other dealers charge in extra fees including Documentary, Notary, Prep, and Environmental. We are one of the only stores in the USA with no fees, that is why we sell all over the country - saving our customer's thousands! Many customers don't realize how much in extra fees they pay when buying a car. We also offer free delivery/airfare to many states.

We have a skilled and knowledgeable sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. Located in Hickory-Newton, North Carolina, the staff at Steve White Motors will help you find the Chrysler, Jeep, FIAT or Dodge vehicle you want. At Steve White Motors we offer a searchable online inventory of new Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, and Dodge cars, along with well-maintained used cars by today's top manufacturers. Come on in and take a test drive! Our sales staff will help you find that new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, or quality used car that you have been searching for, especially if you are looking for Dodge & RAM trucks in Hickory, NC.

For years, the financial staff at Steve White Motors has offered expert advice for those seeking an affordable car loan or lease. Our service doesn't just stop there. Unifour customers can come in and take advantage of our knowledgeable auto repair technicians and a fully-stocked inventory of Chrysler, Jeep, RAM, FIAT and Dodge auto parts.

Whether you are looking for a Chrysler, Jeep, FIAT or Dodge, or a pre-owned car or truck, Steve White Motors is here to help. If you don't see what you are looking for, click on CarFinder and simply fill out the form. We will let you know when vehicles arrive that match your search! If you would rather discuss your options with our friendly sales staff, click on Directions for interactive driving directions. We are conveniently located at 3470 US Highway 70. You can also reach Steve White Motors any time by filling out our contact form or calling us. The entire staff at Steve White Motors looks forward to serving you!

https://www.stevewhitemotors.net/

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/

·
Registered
303 Posts
Steve White, nice work! You are obviously an exception to what I posted above. Over the years I have been visiting this forum, no other dealer has been as active, helpful and honest with the customers as you have. If I ever buy another Dodge, I will be visiting you first. Thanks again!

·
Vendor
12,568 Posts
ps, we have sold and also have on order wide bodies etc at invoice minus half of hold back.....thats right, not msrp or 10k over but invoice minus......
Luke

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So if I lock in a monthly quote today and by the time it's delivered it won't matter if I lock it in. The monthly can increase or decrease?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts