Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Diablo Predator Tuner that I bought for my 2009 SRT-8 and have since sold the car. I have absolutely no use for it, but I was wondering if I never put the default setting back into the ECM prior to selling the car, is this Predator basically worthless now or can it be dumped of the stock settings for my car and reused???

I totally forgot about having it put away in my tool box prior to selling the car, I sold it to Carmax close to a year ago, so I have no way of contacting the new owner. I would like to sell it, but wondering if anyone else can even use it???

Thanks in Advance for any info you can provide,
TC

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If you used it on your previous vehicle and didn't reinstall the stock tune, the Predator is locked to that car. I believe you can send it back to Diablo to have it unlocked, but it will cost you some bucks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that is the case, it won'y cost me a cent. I'll walk it out back to the trash can, Oh Well!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
1) just ask the manufacturer how much it would cost, then someone might give you something for it and have it reset by them.

2) It should still check OBDII codes on any vehicle and maybe even data log most vehicles. You could check that with the Manufacturer as well.

It is just a phone call and I/we would like to know the answers to these questions, don't toss it, I might give you something for it. Thanks

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
1) just ask the manufacturer how much it would cost, then someone might give you something for it and have it reset by them.

2) It should still check OBDII codes on any vehicle and maybe even data log most vehicles. You could check that with the Manufacturer as well.

It is just a phone call and I/we would like to know the answers to these questions, don't toss it, I might give you something for it. Thanks
You can plug in the predator power cord in the wall, call DiabloSport, and they can reset the Predator for you over the phone to the factory settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts