Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are going to order a 2018 SRT 392 may 1st.Color will be Octane red pearl coat but we are having a mild disagreement about factory stripes.I want the factory silver stripes she states they are ugly because they are flat matte.Does anyone make after market factory stripes with a little metal flake in them?Thanks..

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
The wife and I are going to order a 2018 SRT 392 may 1st.Color will be Octane red pearl coat but we are having a mild disagreement about factory stripes.I want the factory silver stripes she states they are ugly because they are flat matte.Does anyone make after market factory stripes with a little metal flake in them?Thanks..
I agree with your wife.
As the previous poster said, check Rider Graphics

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
The OEM stripes are a fine metallic grain silver. They aren't a matte finish like the black stripes are

The "only" drawback with the high metallic vinyls - they tend to have a shorter rated life.

The vendors can probably answer more to that.

·
Premium Member
9,679 Posts
Octane red is an amazingly deep rich color and has a great shine. Why do wives have to be like that, which is why I bought mine and brought it home and she didn’t know until the garage door went up.
Personally I’d always take the factory stripe over an add on. Is this a weekend car or a daily?

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Octane red is an amazingly deep rich color and has a great shine. Why do wives have to be like that, which is why I bought mine and brought it home and she didn’t know until the garage door went up.
Personally I’d always take the factory stripe over an add on. Is this a weekend car or a daily?
It will be our weekend car as we are both retired.:smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
you might want to check out vinylimagination.com also, they have a great selection of colors to chose from and they us quality products

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
We have them here... RiderGraphix.com 2008 & Up Dodge Challenger Stripes Our Silver is metallic and the Dark Charcoal is metallic as well. That might look really great on your Octane Red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts