Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 R/T A5 with Keyless Go. I only need to press the start button and release it and the car will start. Love it!
My brother bought a 2014 R/T M6 and you must to press and hold the starter button until it starts.
The first time I drove his car it took me several tries to start it because I wasn't holding the button. So I told him something must be wrong with it. He called his dealer and asked about it. They told him that they took that ability off the cars now for safety reasons. I don't believe it.

Is it supposed to be 'press and release' only on automatics? Do they offer it on manuals? Is his broken? Does that option only come with certain packages?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Mine does the same as your car. Let's see what the M6 guys say about whether or not it's the same on their cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mines a 14 rt 6speed. I have to hold the button down till it starts. Wife's 13 Durango and my charger I traded where just push to start. I think they call it tip start?

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
You hold it in until it starts...

This is not a problem, as you are pressing the clutch down also, might as well be doing something during the start sequence.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked the complete equipment listing for both cars. Mine has tip start and his does not. So my question becomes whether or not it's ever an option with a manual transmission. Just curious. Just want to know if it's supposed to work or if something's broken.

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
Manual trans here and it's press and hold to start.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
It's an option for 5.7 M6's

So my question becomes whether or not it's ever an option with a manual transmission.
It's standard for SRT M6's.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I have to hold the button in until it starts on my '13 R/T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts