Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered drilled and slotted rotors for the front and rear plus ceramic brake pads. My question is about the tire pressure monitoring system. When I start taking off the tires and everything else will I run into this feature of my car? and if so is there something I need to know about disconnecting this and hooking it back up?? I was also plaining on rotating the tires when I do this. I appreciate any answers on this matter. :banger:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I think the sensors are in the valvestem caps so there shouldnt be any issues. I could be wrong tho. its ben known to happen.

Jeff Z

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The sensor is in the tire attached to the stem, The reason I didn't say anything is because I'm not sure if you have to train the computer what tire is were. I had a car once I rotated tires on and didn't train the computer and it reported the presures as being on the wrong tire. The part about the stem is if it's medal it can interfer with the signal and also seeze to the stem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a little skeptical about rotating them because of that reason. The tires are good to go. I will just hold off on that for a bit. I was just wondering if there would be wire where I wouldn't expect then pull something and mess it up.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The sensor is in the tire attached to the stem, The reason I didn't say anything is because I'm not sure if you have to train the computer what tire is were. I had a car once I rotated tires on and didn't train the computer and it reported the presures as being on the wrong tire.
The TPS sensors should automatically calibrate if you drive the car for about 15 minutes.

Ken

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you don't have an EVIC it won't matter if you rotate the tires but the EVIC might show the tires being the wrong place. That's what I don't know. The rotos and pads of couse won't have wire or anything and as long as your carefull you should be able to move the caliper around and put the pads in it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The TPS sensors should automatically calibrate if you drive the car for about 15 minutes.

Ken
Ok that's what I wasn't sure of. I drove a Monte Carlo SS to Va. from La. and it never learned were the tires were untill I let some air out of each tire in a certain order to tell the computer were they were.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might just do it and hope for the best. Worst case I will just put them back where they was originally. Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I don't think the computer will know you have them in a different spot. I'm thinking there is a sensor somewhere near/in each wheel well, and it will pick up signal from whatever tmps that is in that wheel well.

Also, be sure to post some pictures of the new rotors:)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't think the computer will know you have them in a different spot. I'm thinking there is a sensor somewhere near/in each wheel well, and it will pick up signal from whatever tmps that is in that wheel well.

Also, be sure to post some pictures of the new rotors:)
I was thinking I heard that somewere too but I know all cars aren't that way. All he has to do is blow one up an extra 5 pounds rotate the tires drive 10 min or so and see were it shows the overinflated tire then let some air out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will post some pictures of the rotors I also ordered the MPG caliper covers in red so I think it will look pretty awesome. also got Red RT hood strips coming taking off the silver strips. Can't wait to get it all on. :smokin:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts