Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer in October to discuss ordering the 392 inaugural series. He could not get any information on the model. Yet I see several members ordered theirs as far back as September. I've never ordered a car before so I have to wonder, does my dealer have any idea what he's doing or are we so far in the backwater that they don't get the same info as the larger, metropolitan dealerships?

So I approached him today asking if it's too late to order an inaugural 392? He says "no, they can still be ordered then gives me a choice of colors to choose from....none are the white/blue or blue/white combinations. He says he had no idea that these colors are being offered.

Really????

So am I correct in guessing that the 1000 units of the inaugural group have been spoken for and now we're back to the normal color schemes for this model?

Another question: has anyone ever traded in a car still owing on it to purchase an ordered car? What should I look out for when trading to the dealership? I've always bought my cars outright; my 2009 Challenger is the first I've financed (also the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased....whew!!)

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Eric

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I will say that my dealer didnt know anything about these either. I asked about them and explained what I was looking for and they went to the computer and found them. I ordered it the same day.
That was Oct 18th.

Alot of dealers dont put forth the extra effort to find out what products they have availible to them to sell. They were amazed at how I knew they were in existance. They also wonder how Im able to call BS on them when they give me a bogus status on my order. I owe it all to RS and Bramp Build.

As far as using the car you are paying for now to get one of these, I did. I just made sure they gave me what it was worth and come to the realization that Im going to take it in the shorts a little of the final price because my car isnt even a year old yet and has some miles on it. I got a good deal and Im happy and I can afford the agreement. Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heyy Eric,,
Know your situation very well... Ran into the very same thing...
Local dealer said 'No WAY" to getting one... Wrong thing to say to me..
Called DODGE Customer Service.. Same answer...
Soooo,, had to find out what dealer was getting close to what we wanted...
Found a few.. Finally settled on a dealer, worked out the deal... Trading
in a 2008 car ½ paid for.. The dealer was able to add to the order on the
car to get everything desired.. Then car became a 'sold unit'...
Like 40Sonnny said "going to take it in the shorts a little on the final price " ,,
but happy to be getting one and equiped 'catly as we wanted..

There are some available that dealers will be getting in...

If you are looking for a white with blue call Bob Frederick as I *think* he may
still have one available.. Bob Frederick, Scat Pack, [email protected],
(330)550-5432 .........
If a dealer tells you anything over MSRP tell them to kiss off... There ARE
others that can be had...

Now if Dodge would only do the TorRed again this year.. *sigh* to dream :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So am I correct in guessing that the 1000 units of the inaugural group have been spoken for and now we're back to the normal color schemes for this model?

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Eric
Joe,

The 1100 US and 392 Can cars are spoken for as in ordered but not all have been sold. In other words dealerships placed orders without having a buyer yet. What you can do (at least what I did), is go the dodge site and click on find a dealer. Select a 50 or 100 mile radius and click on each and every one that has a link. On the dealer's site go to the contact us page and ask them.

I was specifically looking for a Blue auto car. I ended contacting via email about 30 dealerships before I found 2 for the price and options I want. Just shop around I'm sure there's quite a few that haven't been claimed yet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ran into the same problem in the Toronto area. My local dealer had no idea what I was talking about. I went to largest dealer in Toronto in mid November and had my o rder in before I left. I know they have a fully loaded standard ordered that has not been sold. Santa dropped off my plates Christmas Eve. (2011 392) Now just waiting for car to put plates on. Merry Christmas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts