Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
My guess is "false knock" or just a bad air/fuel ratio. Only way (like the others said) to find out is to log KR and log AFR with a wide band. You could be running too rich or something.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger RT
46 Posts
Just wondering if there has been any update to this? I have an 2010 R/T and I'm getting tired of the auto upshift in manual mode. Does the predator 2 or intune fix this issue? Or do I still need a TCM? I'm sick of 2 second burnouts then it upshifts into 2nd and nothing. I'd even be happy to lower my rev limiter so I don't break anything. But I hate having to downshift to try and stay in 1st once it auto upshifts. Take the fun out of a lot of stuff IMO. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,172 Posts
Just wondering if there has been any update to this? I have an 2010 R/T and I'm getting tired of the auto upshift in manual mode. Does the predator 2 or intune fix this issue? Or do I still need a TCM? I'm sick of 2 second burnouts then it upshifts into 2nd and nothing. I'd even be happy to lower my rev limiter so I don't break anything. But I hate having to downshift to try and stay in 1st once it auto upshifts. Take the fun out of a lot of stuff IMO. Any help is appreciated!
Sounds like somethings wrong. My old 2010 would spin through 2nd and chirp 3rd hard with just the traction control button off.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,172 Posts
Pop out the start button. Insert your keyfob, start the car and go for a drive. Above 15 mph turn the keyfob like you are starting it. Within a few seconds your dash should light up with yellow lights and start dinging, release the key. You are now in full traction control and stability control off. Go burn tires to your hearts delight.....

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger RT
46 Posts
Pop out the start button. Insert your keyfob, start the car and go for a drive. Above 15 mph turn the keyfob like you are starting it. Within a few seconds your dash should light up with yellow lights and start dinging, release the key. You are now in full traction control and stability control off. Go burn tires to your hearts delight.....
2010 doesn't have a start button. There isn't a sport mode in the 2010 either. But I'm sure this info will help someone.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,172 Posts
2010 doesn't have a start button. There isn't a sport mode in the 2010 either. But I'm sure this info will help someone.
If you don't have a start button it's missing. If you're starting it with the key fob you can do as I posted. I had my 2010 RT for 10 years and I've done what I posted. I said nothing about sport mode.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My 2010 is a 6M, but the ESP off button at the bottom will enable tire smoke. Drifting requires full the ESP to be fully disabled, either with tuning software (I use HPtuners) or through the key trick mentioned above.
So the autotrans will shift into 2 with the stick in M mode? That's crap...

201 - 207 of 207 Posts