Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I pour the Seafoam into the intake tube and let it got through the throttle body or into one of the PCV hoses?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
If your not sure what line to tap to bleed the seafoam into the throttle body (I am myself guilty) then you are better off getting the aerosol sea foam that is designed to be sprayed into the air intake and takes all the guess work out of it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Be prepared for the cloud from hell coming out of the tail pipes when you go for the first drive. Drive very easy as most of the cars we do this to can spark knock very bad for the first minute or so, pick a very low traffic road to do this on.

One way to try is to buy a cheap plastic spray bottle and pump spray into throttle body, I really hate having to dip a vacuum hose into the bottle- hard to control how much liquid is going in the motor.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you use the crankcase breather hose on the driver side wouldn't it be sucked into the crankcase?

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you use the crankcase breather hose on the driver side wouldn't it be sucked into the crankcase?
Last time I checked..YES..and you add it to your Oil as well..Thats what it's for..CLEAN out your engine. Add it to Gas tank too to clean Injectors and fuel Gear..

Great stuff..works well..and Smokes Like Crazy..Be sure to Change the Oil very soon. Best to add it as Labeled right before the Oil change is due, Then be sure to change it pretty soon after a couple Full Heat cycles. Running it thru the Main Vacun Lines will disperse it where junk starts to build up..and get it dissolved!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Be prepared for the cloud from hell coming out of the tail pipes when you go for the first drive. Drive very easy as most of the cars we do this to can spark knock very bad for the first minute or so, pick a very low traffic road to do this on.

One way to try is to buy a cheap plastic spray bottle and pump spray into throttle body, I really hate having to dip a vacuum hose into the bottle- hard to control how much liquid is going in the motor.

I find it best to get engine to temp..them pull vac line and add it till the Car stalls..then let it sit for 30-45 mins..then start it up..dont worry...it will start..might take a few seconds..but it will start...then the Smoke..smells like CARBON..being burned ..a BBQ even..Can will say how much to add to Oil and Gasoline..a New Car really doesnt need this ..or even a low mileage one...this is for Cars/Trucks that have been Neglected some and run long on oil changes..bad Gas..poor Maint ect
This will free stuck rings ect and really will clean the Carbon out very well..Break sludge down and get it fluid again for that Oil Change your going to do in like 50-100 miles..

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last time I checked..YES..and you add it to your Oil as well..Thats what it's for..CLEAN out your engine. Add it to Gas tank too to clean Injectors and fuel Gear..

Great stuff..works well..and Smokes Like Crazy..Be sure to Change the Oil very soon. Best to add it as Labeled right before the Oil change is due, Then be sure to change it pretty soon after a couple Full Heat cycles. Running it thru the Main Vacun Lines will disperse it where junk starts to build up..and get it dissolved!!!
Would it be better to do it that way or just pour it where you pour you oil or does it matter?

·
Registered
579 Posts
That Seafoam is pricy. I'll be visiting LA and hitting the beach during the holiday. I can get some real Seafoam right off the beach. Anyone in for some? Group buy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts