Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 R/T Scatpack last week with the M6 trans, didn't know anything about skip shift and what not until now :),the skip shift thing caught me by surprise a couple of times , and i thought what POS shifter did i get with the car, that is not finding the 2nd gear gate, lol, until i remember my 99 Camaro doing this crap, except i had a light in that one telling me to go to 4th, so i did a quick search, and voila, came up to know i have the feature in this car, and i see there is a skip shift eliminator device available to prevent that 1-4 shift from happening.

I'm not at home at the moment, so i can't get down there to take a look, but how do i know if i have already a skip shift eliminator ? I've never noticed the damn thing while driving in normal mode, but yesterday and today, i've been driving in Sport mode, and if i try a 1-2 shift (shifting at say 20mph), the trans will force me to go to 4th. This doesn't happen in normal mode, only in sport mode, do i have a ski shift eliminator already ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My guess would be that you do not have one installed. The skip shift eliminator is very easy to install and cheap to purchase. Also pull out the clutch delay valve, and add a Barton shifter and you will be all set. Lots of videos on YouTube on each of these items.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If it's forcing you from 1-4 you don't have the eliminator. It's super easy to install and you'll be glad you did.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
Skip shift eliminator install - do first

Clutch delay valve delete - do second

Barton shift assembly install - do third

8psi supercharger install - do.....oops got ahead of myself.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot Fellas.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the CDV! today, Thanks one more time for letting me know about this mod, i used a couple of picks to get the job done, i used the one with the bend to fish the clip and black grommet, and the straight one to stab to the cdv :)

Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

Also, my Harbor freight ramps worked perfectly to lift the car up, i put a a little piece of a 2x4 in front of the tires just in case, but i don't think is needed.

Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts