Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to sunroof. I've only opened mine 3 times since owning it once was to clean edges anyways what is a safe speed for this to be open either vent or wide open?

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,325 Posts
Any speed. I run mine on the highway open.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Just open and enjoy it. Make it a habit to to look if it’s open before leaving the after a ride.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Yep, had no issues on my previous R/TC at any speed, in vent or wide open position.

Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I have no problems at any speed. But I never close it at high speeds ,unless it's a sudden down pour I just think it might not be the best for the mechanics of it ,but that just me .
But enjoy every mile

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
No speed issues. Although, there's an awesomely simple baffle/air dam (that spring-loaded piece along the front edge of the opened sun-roof frame) that breaks up the wind so you don't get buffeting. Pull down on it one time while you're moving and see what it's there to prevent.

I find the noise and wind to be intrusive at 80 MPH, so I normally only open it when I'm cruisin' at 55 or less, suburban areas, country roads and such. And when it's super hot in the summer and the sun is high, you gotta close it so you don't cook.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I never had any issues with sunroofs at any speed.

They add another layer of fun on sunny days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never close mine. That will change once summer thunderstorm season hits here on the Gulf Coast. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all. I was gun shy about using it on the highways. My luck cruising along and rip there it goes.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
598 Posts
No speed issues. Although, there's an awesomely simple baffle/air dam (that spring-loaded piece along the front edge of the opened sun-roof frame) that breaks up the wind so you don't get buffeting. Pull down on it one time while you're moving and see what it's there to prevent.

I find the noise and wind to be intrusive at 80 MPH, so I normally only open it when I'm cruisin' at 55 or less, suburban areas, country roads and such. And when it's super hot in the summer and the sun is high, you gotta close it so you don't cook.
I find just the opposite, although I have a 2009 so maybe they changed it over the years. I find if I have the baffle up, I get bad buffeting, if I pull down on it, its perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts