Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My son has a 2016 scat pack challenger. Shaker model. I don’t know much but I went to surprise him for his birthday and want to upgrade the speakers on it and I know he’s been wanting either a mid delete or something to make it louder. Any brands you would recommend? Or for the speakers. Looking for maybe sizes and brands and for the delete. Would I do a straight pipe or what do I need to buy to get that done lol. Sorry. I don’t know anything about that. And thanks for your help

·
Registered
‘12 Challenger SXT
313 Posts
I hear a lot of people do a mid delete while keeping Resinators/Mufflers in the rear (near exhaust tips) As much as you would like to surprise him; it would be best to maybe give him the choice of who to go with since the sound of any exhaust system is subjective to the driver. While I have never had issues with Flowmasters or Magnaflow but I'm a bit oot

Reactions: Jenapher928

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear a lot of people do a mid delete while keeping Resinators/Mufflers in the rear (near exhaust tips) As much as you would like to surprise him; it would be best to maybe give him the choice of who to go with since the sound of any exhaust system is subjective to the driver. While I have never had issues with Flowmasters or Magnaflow but I'm a bit oot
Ya so true. Our town is very small so I didn’t think we had a shop to do that but I actually found one. I will ask him though which one he would want better. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Many change the mids for Dynomax bullets for better sound

For speakers, some do the

Kenwood Excelon KFC-XP6903C (Door and Dash)

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X174 (Rear)

If you go to Crutchfield and put in the info it asks about speakers/subs it will tell you what fits. But these are popular on the forum it seems from reading. Good luck ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Jenapher928

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Many change the mids for Dynomax bullets for better sound

For speakers, some do the

Kenwood Excelon KFC-XP6903C (Door and Dash)

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X174 (Rear)

If you go to Crutchfield and put in the info it asks about speakers/subs it will tell you what fits. But these are popular on the forum it seems from reading. Good luck ;)

A Guy
Thanks so much. I’ll look into that now.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Jenapher, Congrats on being a super cool mom!

In my experience with my 15 scat pack I've tried several different combos. I've had the best luck with either removing or modifying the mid mufflers and keeping the rear resonators.

If you are just looking for LOUD.... remove everything and have straight pipes. If you want "livable" keep the rear resonators as that will eliminate the drone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts