Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all hopefully I'm in the proper section for this, but does anyone know of wheel locks are suppose to come on the 2017 challenger scat packs? I purchased a beautiful 2017 octane red scat pack last Saturday brand new from a dodge dealership and unfortunately 2 days later apparently someone attempted to steal my rims while I had it parked in the BART parking lot ( bay area rapid transit ) and of course I had to find this out the hard way unfortunately. After a long day of work I get in my car and warm the engine up as I normally would do and then proceed to take off, I literally only made it about a foot out of the parking lot and my front wheel came off the axle causing the car to drop and got left with huge dents on fender and lower part of the door, along with some other damages. that's when I get out of my brand new car and notice in shock that all my lug nuts where missing. I cant stand thieves! I know this could have easily been prevented with some wheel locks and I had wheel locks come stock on many vehicles in the past, this is my first time owning a dodge and was just curious if it should have came with any locks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Man that sucks, glad you are OK. hope insurance takes care of it.

Reactions: RAS925

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks man, yeah I was thinking if I somehow was able to make it on to the freeway like that the outcome would have been much worse.. but yeah I have full coverage just sucks I'm having to pay a 1,000$ deductible, it's been in the shop since weds and expected to be ready to pick up by the end of this week. I just hope it's still running perfectly and no other serious damages where done after the drop, The car doesn't even have over 300 miles on it yet. I've just been so busy with work haven't even had time to even go out and fully enjoy it just yet and then all this happened. After this definitely want to get the best wheel locks out and a top notch alarm system installed (recommendations anyone?)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feel your pain, this company has lugs where each is a lock..........for OEM wheels Gorilla Automotive PART # 96643BDX (black) 96643DX (chrome) double check part #s don't assume they are correct...........have them on my R/T and have used them on countless cars over the decades. Just another theory could have been some jack wagons idea of funny...which is not funny. Either way those lug/locks will shut down any future attempt of thievery or ????

·
Registered
212 Posts
Still have to be careful, and I guess check for lugs each time you drive it? Another thing for my OCD list :)
Unfortunately, there are tools out there that get around wheel locks.

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
That's an awful thing to have happen, please post up pictures after it's good as the day you received it and you're smiling once again. Those gorilla locks are a great product. Let's all wish the very bad karma that's due to the dirt bag that did this to you.

·
Registered
15,054 Posts
Hello all hopefully I'm in the proper section for this, but does anyone know of wheel locks are suppose to come on the 2017 challenger scat packs?
Terrible situation but to answer your question, no, Brampton does not install wheel locks on any car it builds. A car bought with locks would had to have been dealer installed. I hate thieves too, good luck getting back on the road.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Did you file a police report? You are the victim of a crime. I was involved in a hit and run, filed a police report, and my insurance company told me because I was a victim of a crime, my deductible was lowered to $300.

Reactions: RAS925 and Slidd

·
Registered
77 Posts
So sorry to see that happen, such jackoffs in this world messing with other people's stuff. Please share the after pic.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,656 Posts
Which station was this? Lot's of break ins (smash and grab), but not so much stealing wheels (takes to long). I feel for you, and second (or third) the Gorilla locking lugs. Put mine on 1st thing, every lug a lock. A Guy

·
Registered
77 Posts
With the locking lugs, every now and then loosen and tighten them back up. I've seen a bunch of them lock on and some need to be cut off.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello all hopefully I'm in the proper section for this, but does anyone know of wheel locks are suppose to come on the 2017 challenger scat packs? I purchased a beautiful 2017 octane red scat pack last Saturday brand new from a dodge dealership and unfortunately 2 days later apparently someone attempted to steal my rims while I had it parked in the BART parking lot ( bay area rapid transit ) and of course I had to find this out the hard way unfortunately. After a long day of work I get in my car and warm the engine up as I normally would do and then proceed to take off, I literally only made it about a foot out of the parking lot and my front wheel came off the axle causing the car to drop and got left with huge dents on fender and lower part of the door, along with some other damages. that's when I get out of my brand new car and notice in shock that all my lug nuts where missing. I cant stand thieves! I know this could have easily been prevented with some wheel locks and I had wheel locks come stock on many vehicles in the past, this is my first time owning a dodge and was just curious if it should have came with any locks.
Sorry to hear about what happened. Glad you're ok. Have to agree with what the others have said about the Gorilla locks. Like A Guy the Gorilla locks are one of the first things I got for my R/T. Every lug a lock so they all match. Use them on my other rigs too. Hope insurance takes care of things for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
With the locking lugs, every now and then loosen and tighten them back up. I've seen a bunch of them lock on and some need to be cut off.

With some single locks per wheel that might could happen, the gorillas are lug nuts that come with a matched grooved socket to remove them other than that they are lug nuts.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Oh my god that is terrible :( Sorry to see the damage, good luck with the repair!

·
Registered
537 Posts
OP,
I'm so sorry to hear about this..... Hopefully everything will get fixed (correctly) and this will just be a bad memory for you. Do you park at that BART station everyday ?? Might consider getting a "beater car" for commuting and leaving at the station. I have one and it's stress free when leaving my car anywhere (Walmart, airport, train station, sporting events etc....). Just a thought. Good Luck with everything. :|

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel your pain, this company has lugs where each is a lock..........for OEM wheels Gorilla Automotive PART # 96643BDX (black) 96643DX (chrome) double check part #s don't assume they are correct...........have them on my R/T and have used them on countless cars over the decades. Just another theory could have been some jack wagons idea of funny...which is not funny. Either way those lug/locks will shut down any future attempt of thievery or ????
Thanks I keep hearing nothing but good things about those gorilla locks, I just ordered a 20 piece from summit of the 96643BDX can't wait to put them on

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still have to be careful, and I guess check for lugs each time you drive it? Another thing for my OCD list :)
Unfortunately, there are tools out there that get around wheel locks.
I tend to always check around my car before I would drive off as far as the body goes anyway, I definitely didn't notice the lug nuts missing until after the damange :frown: guess I'm gonna have to take this as a wake up call and check for every little detail now since theres gonna be envious haters and thieves out there

1 - 20 of 58 Posts