Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help is appreciated!
CLIFFS:
Want 22" black rims.
Need to know price range for everything.
Will I need new brakes? :scratchhead:

I'm planning on getting rims on my challenger, but I don't know what I'm looking at as far as pricing goes. I don't need top of the line but I don't want generic looking rims either.
I'm thinking about going with 22" blacks rims. I understand I'll have to get new tires as well but will I need new brakes too? Thank you for putting up with my noobness.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You are probably looking at spending at least 1700 to 2000 for wheels and tires, probably more than that if you want 22's. As far as brakes your stock brakes should be fine, but it wouldnt hurt to step up to something better in the future.

·
Registered
629 Posts
20" is plenty big, IMO.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Prices are all over the board. You can spend as little as $250 a wheel or as much as 1k a wheel. What's the budget? Forged are nice, but are going to be on the expensive end of the price range. That goes for tires too. Come up with an amount you want to spend/can afford first. I think 22's "can" look good, but wheel design/look is completely subjective. Also, the larger the wheel, the less siddewall you have protecting your wheels and tires. Also, 22's for the most part unless you get super expensive ones, will be HEAVY.

No need for brake changes. Though behind a 22", they will look small, :)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
What do you mean by a "bit ruffer"? Like the tires rub or the suspension feels ruff? Sorry I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to rims
The larger the wheel, the shorter the side wall of the tire. That short sidewall makes for a rougher ride. It also makes for a better footprint and less tire roll in the corners. The SRT8 comes with 20" and since everything better comes on an SRT8, that should tell you what is best. 20" wheels and tire prices for our Challengers are all over the place, its just what you like and are willing to spend. I got lucky and found my 20's and 245/45/20 Goodyear RSA tires for under a grand but the wheels were used. Good luck and let us know what you pick. Side note - check out an online tire calculator for an easy way to see what tires should go on the new wheels to stay the same tire diameter so you do not have to get the speedometer reprogrammed and they fit in your wheel wells without rubbing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts