Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm about to trade the car I have now and my choice has set on a 2015 Challenger. Actually, before choosing the Challenger my two choices were a Honda Accord coupe v6 and Audi A3. I had never checked rear wheel drives because I live in Quebec, Canada and we get rough winters here. But my dad directed me towards the Dodge Challenger since I wasn't that enthusistic about the Honda and Audi by reminding me I had already driven a rear wheel drive pick-up truck years ago and that our police force use real wheel drive. I love muscle cars, I have always wanted a Challenger but I have no place in my garage since I already own a 1971 Pontiac Firebird that I love. But I realised that he was right, I can drive a Challenger with good winter tires. So I've come down to two or maybe three colors I want for my future Challenger SXT plus: Granite Crystal Metallic and Redline Red. The possible third option is TorRed. The interior for Granite would be with Black/Ruby Red and possibly red side stripes available for SXT models (if those look good) and Black/Pearl for the two red cars with black side stripe. I'm having a hard time deciding (I'm ordering next week) because I can't see these colors in real life. I've visited two Dodge dealers and both only have a 2014 Header Orange Shaker in stock. I have seen pictures online, but these never reflect how the color looks live. I know colors are really subjective and everyone has his opinion, but what combo (that I have listed), in your opinion, would be the best looking for a daily driver for years to come? Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'd go for Granite with black/ruby red interior. Red stripes really pop on Granite.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
All of these colors will look good on a Challenger, so it is just a matter of personal taste (plus $500 for the Redline). Redline is a candy apple metallic, and is darker than Torred, which has more orange in it than Redline. Redline can be dazzling under the lights indoors or on a sunny day, but on a cloudy day Torred will be noticeably brighter. Of the three colors, Redline is the one that seeing in person would help the most in deciding if that is the color for you, so here is a video including a redline Challenger:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to another Dodge dealer today and I have decided to go with Redline Red. It wasn't on the dealer lot but from the pictures and descriptions I have seen I'm confident I will like it. I saw Granite Crystal there, and while it is a very nice color, I believe I want a red color this time around. The dealer said I should not take the Pearl interior since it won't look nice for long, and told me a red interior would look sharp with a red exterior, but I think it would be too much so I will go with standard black interior. Here are the options I will add:

-Body Side Stripe (M28)
-Driver Conveniance Group (AJV)
-Sound Group II (ATL)
-Super Track Pak (AWD)
-Power Sunroof (GWA)
-Uconnect with NAV

I will probably order it next week, and he told me it was a 3 month wait. I'm very excited. Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Cool, but 3 months?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm about to trade the car I have now and my choice has set on a 2015 Challenger. Actually, before choosing the Challenger my two choices were a Honda Accord coupe v6 and Audi A3. I had never checked rear wheel drives because I live in Quebec, Canada and we get rough winters here. But my dad directed me towards the Dodge Challenger since I wasn't that enthusistic about the Honda and Audi by reminding me I had already driven a rear wheel drive pick-up truck years ago and that our police force use real wheel drive. I love muscle cars, I have always wanted a Challenger but I have no place in my garage since I already own a 1971 Pontiac Firebird that I love. But I realised that he was right, I can drive a Challenger with good winter tires. So I've come down to two or maybe three colors I want for my future Challenger SXT plus: Granite Crystal Metallic and Redline Red. The possible third option is TorRed. The interior for Granite would be with Black/Ruby Red and possibly red side stripes available for SXT models (if those look good) and Black/Pearl for the two red cars with black side stripe. I'm having a hard time deciding (I'm ordering next week) because I can't see these colors in real life. I've visited two Dodge dealers and both only have a 2014 Header Orange Shaker in stock. I have seen pictures online, but these never reflect how the color looks live. I know colors are really subjective and everyone has his opinion, but what combo (that I have listed), in your opinion, would be the best looking for a daily driver for years to come? Thanks in advance for your input!
I never understood why it takes writing a novel for someone to ask such a simple question. Go look for yourself and buy what you like.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am having similar predicament, redline vs torred vs jazz blue... On srt with sepia Laguna leather interior. Love redline but downside late availability for srt

Post pics when you get it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know 3 months seems really long, maybe because redline red is late availability? For sublime69, sorry if I bored you to death, I just wanted to show my thought process in choosing the Challenger over the other cars I mentioned and also because I'm excited. There's also one thing I never understood: Why people open a thread, take their time to read it and post non productive comments? To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
834 Posts
There's also one thing I never understood: Why people open a thread, take their time to read it and post non productive comments? To each their own I guess.
Hmmm...maybe because the thread title leads some of us to think it's a question about color availability, color names/codes of current/old colors, etc. If I would have known it was a grown man asking the consensus of the group because he can't make up his mind over gray or red and a short summary of his life story I wouldn't have even bothered. :boohoo:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sublime69, once again I'm sorry I made you lose your time. On another note, I'm getting conflicting feedback on wether B5 Blue will be available on the SXT Plus. Some sites say yes on others no. Anyone has a clear answer for this? Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,043 Posts
I can't wait to see more brightly painted 2015 R/T Classics this next year, hopefully a Yellow or some other High Impact color will be available in 2016. Not a huge fan of B5 or Sublime, but still holding out for something like this!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh wow Slidd those are the slickest Redline Red pictures I have seen on the net, thanks! And I do agree the yellow color on the challenger is sick! Too bad it's not offered in 2015.

·
Registered
380 Posts
2015 Challenger thread on this forum says no on the B5 Blue for the SXT. I hope they are wrong for your sake. I don't know why you can't order whatever model you want in any of the current year model colors.

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
Oh wow Slidd those are the slickest Redline Red pictures I have seen on the net, thanks!
Yeah I like that color a lot and it will look real nice with the M28 side stripe and STP WSQ wheels.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I like that color a lot and it will look real nice with the M28 side stripe and STP WSQ wheels.
Yeah that's what I also think. The black wheels will make a great contrast with red. As for the M28 side stripes I can't find on the net how it looks exactly, but I know I want a black stripe. In Canada it's a $200 option, less than in the US I believe. From looking at pictures could this be how the stripe looks?:

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
Yes that is the M28 stripe,

this looks like TorRed but gives you the idea...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts