Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting Flowmaster Super 44's installed on my 2014 v6 challenger this weekend. I also kind of want to get a resonator delete as well however I have heard this can be problematic in California.

Will I pass my smog in California if I have the resonators removed (I'm not touching the Cat Converters).

I understand that the resonators have nothing to do with emissions, however, I have heard that tampering with the resonators will make you fail your smog in California. \

If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm getting Flowmaster Super 44's installed on my 2014 v6 challenger this weekend. I also kind of want to get a resonator delete as well however I have heard this can be problematic in California.

Will I pass my smog in California if I have the resonators removed (I'm not touching the Cat Converters).

I understand that the resonators have nothing to do with emissions, however, I have heard that tampering with the resonators will make you fail your smog in California. \

If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

THANK YOU!
Your first problem is going with Flowmaster, instead go with Borla :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
As long as you don't touch the cats, you are good to go.

Reactions: Decheveria

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your first problem is going with Flowmaster, instead go with Borla :)
Doesn't answer my question at all, or help me out in any way. I went with two stainless steel flowmaster super 44's for $90 each rather than 2 Borla mufflers for $153 each. I'm a student and those were too expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Yes, no problem with that plan

Reactions: Decheveria

·
Registered
834 Posts
As mentioned anything past the cats and you're fine. And if you know the right

person you're fine with anything before the cats too :wink3:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would recommend that you have the Super 44's installed before removing the resonators. After you swap your mufflers out, drive the car for a while and see how you like it. If it is still not loud enough for you, bring it back in and have the resonators removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts