Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know how many HC owners use theirs for daily driving? I recently purchased a SP and love it but like I read on another thread, ‘The SP is like a gateway drug’. Plus also reading that changes are coming to the new HC in coming years with more HP and I am thinking that used HC price will be coming down so maybe good time to buy in coming years

I live in central Ohio, winters get some snow but not crazy amounts usually. Current SP is not my only car and keep it garaged for real bad weather. I guess more worried about salt though

Thanks in advance you lucky bastards!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I don't daily drive my 2018 HC (in octane red BTW) but I could.

Just want to avoid putting big miles on the car. My commute is 60 miles a day and that's at least 300 miles a week or around 15K miles per year.

Well, avoid putting big miles on the car and avoid spending a small fortune for gasoline.

Gasoline cost would be pretty high. Just filled up the HC's gas tank and over 172 miles the MPG averaged 13.7mpg. Buying gasoline at the least expensive Shell station in town -- located downtown too which is over a mile away from me -- cost me $44+ for just over 13 gallons. (That's $3.399/gallon.) I could end up paying $100 a week for gasoline.

Here's a pic of my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh very much aware of this! Could be worse and live in michigan. I dont drive mine in winter time and if went with HC would not as well. But waiting for road crews to get pot holes fixed can take a while

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seeing that you have spare car, personally I'd only drive it the nicer weather. It's different when you live in a southern state that doesn't get snow in the winter. With snow comes the crap roads, the salt and sand, ect. I've had my cat out a few times on the odd 55-60 day we've had, but outside of that its in the garage or in the driveway covered. I live in MA., so winters probably similar to yours(maybe worse with the coastal storms like today's). Like you I have an extra vehicle so I'm just not going bother driving my Hellcat with summer tires in anything but good weather. If it was my only car I'd have no choice, although if it was my only car it would probably be a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk like Tico :) .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts