Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I don't want to sound like an idiot here, I do know my way around a tool box and I have put several motors together but mostly stock. I bought a 2010 Challenger 5.7 six-speed last year and I'm already looking for things to make faster, I'm just trying to decide where to start my plan is to buy all of the parts I want over the next year or so and then put it together all at once so I only have to take the motor out and apart once.

Now for the question I was looking for rods and pistons for my motor I figured I should start in the middle and work my way out, and I found a kit it says:
K-1 HEMI 392 Stroker Kit (4.080 Stroke) Includes: Crank, Rods, Pistons, Toner Ring, Bearings, to Install in your 5.7 HEMI Engine.
Does this mean I can just install the kit and my 345 becomes a 392 stroker?
I thought that block would need some machining for the crank clearances.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Alright, I don't want to sound like an idiot here, I do know my way around a tool box and I have put several motors together but mostly stock. I bought a 2010 Challenger 5.7 six-speed last year and I'm already looking for things to make faster, I'm just trying to decide where to start my plan is to buy all of the parts I want over the next year or so and then put it together all at once so I only have to take the motor out and apart once.

Now for the question I was looking for rods and pistons for my motor I figured I should start in the middle and work my way out, and I found a kit it says:
K-1 HEMI 392 Stroker Kit (4.080 Stroke) Includes: Crank, Rods, Pistons, Toner Ring, Bearings, to Install in your 5.7 HEMI Engine.
Does this mean I can just install the kit and my 345 becomes a 392 stroker?
I thought that block would need some machining for the crank clearances.
If it's just the rotating assembly you'll need to enlist a machine shop to help you out. Alternatively you can get a complete shortblock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts