Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you keep your tazer in the OBD at all times, like even after turning off your car, locking it, and going away from it. I heard somewhere that it will cause the battery to die if u keep it plugged in 24/7.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,073 Posts
Do you keep yoyr tazer in the OBD at all times, like even after turning off your car, locking it, and going away from it. I heard somewhere that it will cause the battery to die if u keep it plugged in 24/7.
Product Font Material property Screenshot Motor vehicle

Reactions: Ashoka and Loopy

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
No, once it has been programmed you can leave it out. From what I understand (I have never tried) you need to have it it for the light show. I like it for the SRT pages and some of the other little gizmos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, once it has been programmed you can leave it out. From what I understand (I have never tried) you need to have it it for the light show. I like it for the SRT pages and some of the other little gizmos.
I keep it plugged in all the time for the live functions such as keeping the engine in track mode so i can keep the active exhaust fully open at all times even when i keep my transmission in street mode.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,318 Posts
You can leave it plugged in all the time, I do.
My gauge cluster has also failed to go to sleep a few times and I'm on my 3rd battery now. Is it related? :unsure:

Might not be a bad idea to just unplug it when you park and plug it back in when you start your car. YMMV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can leave it plugged in all the time, I do.
My gauge cluster has also failed to go to sleep a few times and I'm on my 3rd battery now. Is it related? :unsure:

Might not be a bad idea to just unplug it when you park and plug it back in when you start your car. YMMV.
yeah thats what i noticed, one time i sat in my car turned off for like 1-2 hours idk im not sure but every like 30 minutes the gauge cluster kept coming on randomly so i unplugged the tazer from the OBD and that stopped happening. Thats why i wonder if i leave the tazer in the OBD all night with my car turned off, will the gauge cluster keep coming on and eventually kill my battery?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,073 Posts
If the Tazer is waking up one of the car's control modules and causing unnecessary battery drain, it's going to be due to a software issue with the device's firmware. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed, and if that does not resolve it, contact the ZAutomotive support folks and let them know. If it's a legitimate bug, a patched firmware can be put out, installed, and the problem resolved.

The first edition Trinity had the same problem, and after people let DiabloSport know, they issued a firmware fix that stopped the behavior from happening. It's a pretty straightforward fix, but they will need to know there is a problem before they can fix it.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
908 Posts
My BurnBox G2 is just plugged in AT the track...All's well..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts