Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 1320. It has 275s all around. I have gone ahead and taken the drag radials off for now and put on some Continental Extreme Contacts. Those of you who run 275s how are you doing on rock chips down the sides of the car? I know the wide bodies have had a problem with rock chips but the 1320 is not a wide body. I had ZL1 rock guards on my Camaro SS. Without them those cars got ate up in front of the rear wheels . I didn’t have a problem with chipping on my other Challengers that ran 245s. I don’t want to put the rock guards on the 1320 unless they are really going to be necessary. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
15,009 Posts
I have 275/40-20s on the rear of my 2009 SRT and have not encountered a problem with rock chips. That, however, may be because my car is not a daily driver. If you are worried about paint chips and do not want to install mud flaps, why not install 3M protective film?

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 SRT
545 Posts
I'm on my third Challenger, a pair of R/Ts and now an SRT. I added 275s to the first two and 275s came on the SRT. All have been daily drivers and I've never had a chip (at least from tires).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm running 315s out back and 275s up front.....no rock chips.......though I never drive dirt roads or do the winter driving that is worst for this. The car only has about 4,000 miles on it so there is that too.

So far I'd give most of the credit to the addition of Mopar's small mud flap.......some people hate the look but it's so small and yet provides out-sized protection.

I consider the trade off well worth it.

I don't even notice them vs how the car appeared when I bought it in April of 2018.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I don't have rock chips, but I can clearly see dirt/mud being flinged past the fender well and up the side of the car.

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
72 Posts
I personally installed the MOPAR splash guards and it really seems to help. Haven't had an issue since installing them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts