Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you with forged wheels notice that the car transmits a little more noise into the cabin? It is mostly when I hit expansion joints on the highway. It is not bad but I do not remember hearing or feeling this with the one piece cast wheels I use to have (both stock and aftermarket). I was told that lightweight forged wheels can transmit more NVH.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya but I had the original F1's on the car and then a set of Nitto 420S which were a great tire and I did not seem to notice any noise. Now I have Pirelli Pzero's which have a tread wear rating of 220 which is very soft which I would expect to be quieter than a Nitto 420S which is somewhere over 400. My brother-in-law put a super lightweight forged wheel on his Porsche 911 with the same Michelin Pilot 2's that came on the original rims and the noise was horrible (hench my question).

Maybe I am just being paranoid and don't remember what it sounded like last year.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I haven't really noticed a difference in noise level, except for the damn pebbles and whatnot that get flung into the wheel well and seem to echo around the whole cockpit >=^(...

·
Banned
903 Posts
I went with Budnik one peice billet rims, changed tires to BFG KDW's at the same time and mine actually seems quiter and rides better than the F1's. Personally I hated the F1's, especially on wet roads because they hydroplaned bad to me. After getting rid of the F1's about 90% of my wheel hop issue's were gone also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts