Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the verge of upgrading from a 2010 SRT to a new leftover 2016 SRT. When I called USAA to confirm my loan information, they also stated that dodge offers a $1,000 rebate currently on the SRT for USAA members. I informed the dealership and asked if they would honor this rebate on top of their current sale price. Here is what the dealership stated: Checked with my sales manager on USAA voucher; he says voucher is to be used to get to the USAA's pricing. Since the price you're buying it for is better than USAA pricing, it does not/cannot be used in conjunction with our deal.
Is this true, or dealership B.S... From what I understood, this USAA member rebate was an additional rebate offered by dodge and has nothing to do with any membership pricing service?

Appreciate any wisdom on this issue.

Tony

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I purchased my 2015, the dealer accepted the USAA rebate on top of a negotiated price which was lower than USAA's currently advertised price. I don't believe accepting the rebate adversely affects the dealer's profit, it's just money paid via another source. Good luck on your purchase, the 392 is fabulous.

·
Registered
976 Posts
USAA's quoted price from their car buying service does already include their $1000 rebate, in place of the normal Dodge $500 military rebate. The idea is the service provides you with a prearranged price certificate that you take to the specific dealer who is part of USAAs network, no hassle or further negotiation, so it's all built in.

If you built the car on USAA to get a rebate code but separately negotiated a price with a dealer, they should be able to use that code to take an additional $1K off from the negotiated price.

I have done both, just depended on if local dealers were willing to compete more than the USAA price quote. In San Antonio, the independent dealer price quotes were all significantly higher so I used the USAA certificate. In California, the dealers were quoting lower than the USAA certificate so I took that price then I gave the dealer the USAA rebate code for an additional $1000 off. YMMV.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I am on the verge of upgrading from a 2010 SRT to a new leftover 2016 SRT. When I called USAA to confirm my loan information, they also stated that dodge offers a $1,000 rebate currently on the SRT for USAA members. I informed the dealership and asked if they would honor this rebate on top of their current sale price. Here is what the dealership stated: Checked with my sales manager on USAA voucher; he says voucher is to be used to get to the USAA's pricing. Since the price you're buying it for is better than USAA pricing, it does not/cannot be used in conjunction with our deal.
Is this true, or dealership B.S... From what I understood, this USAA member rebate was an additional rebate offered by dodge and has nothing to do with any membership pricing service?

Appreciate any wisdom on this issue.

Tony
They are incorrect. The 1000 is on top of whatever price you get and is not tied to using usaa price. It's simply a factory rebate.

This is exactly how I bought my car.

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
I have used the USAA discount several times. My advice; get the best price quote from the dealer, don't use price services. I've made better deals without Truecar, etc. So, get a quote, download a certificate from USAA which states you can but from any dealer and get the additional $1000. Then go in, make a deal and lay the USAA certificate on them last. All they need to do is call USAA to verify the certificate code and you get the additional $1000.

·
Registered
95 Posts
BS...I used an USAA rebate (sounds like same one) on top of other discounts when I purchased mine. I didn't use USAA car buying service either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked closer at the Incentive Offer Code USAA sent me, and it seems the SRT model is excluded for 2016 and 2017 model years on Challenger and Charger. Has anyone been able to successfully use it on the SRT Model?

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts