Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2,000 to spend on my challenger R/T and I want to get some power under the hood what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Predator tuner, Cai, Catback and headers!
Or Cam and catback!
And dont foget the stickers, the more stickers it has the faster it is..

·
Registered
461 Posts
A lot depends on how much of the labor that you can do yourself.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking about a borla cat back and what kind of headers would you recommend and I keep hearing about tuning. What is it?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And I can do a lot of the labor myself and whatever needs to be installed if I can't do it myself is not included in my price range and I have CAI already

And what do you mean by "cam"

·
Registered
461 Posts
Find someone with an SRT that is upgrading to long tubes and buy their SRT headers.
Bolt right on and don't hang too low if you ever decide to have the car lowered.
The exhaust headers don't go on easily, even with a lift. You should be able to do a "search" or ask a site vendor who sells headers. (also, you'll need the SRT mid-pipes or aftermarket mid-pipes) Personally, I like dealing with Josh at High Horse Performance

Changing a camshaft isn't the easiest task either, but the sound of the lope is nearly priceless.

·
Registered
864 Posts
As far as headers, generally if you want higher end HP go with shortys, or long tubes for low/mid range torque. Then there's the option of catted or catless midpipes, catless means more power but you won't pass emissions. I personally went with long tubes and catless mids, just your preference.
Tuning, necessary for basically any performance mod you do. Most folks use a diablosport predator or trinity. It's a handheld programmer you plug in to the car and modify stuff.
Cam is short for camshaft, cams give some serious gains but take real tuning by someone who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you guys think about chiping it?

·
Banned
811 Posts
I've done this so far:

functional hood scoops
BT catch can
K&N air filter
Solo exhaust
Predator
SRT intake

That and some JBA shorty headers will put you up to about $2000.

But, you might want to consider suspension mods. The Eibach Pro-System kit (springs and shocks) can be had for around $600 (not including install). A custom tune after bolt on mods would also be helpful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright cool im thinking about exhaust, predator, and lowering

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also how hard is it to put the springs on yourself and how complicated is the predator tuning?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You could upbadge with SRT stuff, 392's everywhere and still have $1500 left !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts