Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone has a pre 11 supercharger on a post 11 5.7. Looking at roots style kits only.

I know that the post 11 cars have the electric P/S, And I already have a trinity along with some other mods that would render any tune provided with a kit useless.

So in short who has a supercharger kit that would not include a tuner and fit a post 11 model.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Im confused on what your asking.. The cars with electric power steering has nothing to do with the operation of the supercharger. As for a tuner if you buy a new kit you can always sell the tuner that comes with a kit. Or you can order it without it. The problem is the S/C co offer very little of a discount.. You'd be better selling it on your own..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the engine has no power steering pump wouldnt that be a different pully configuration? Other than the tune and injectors is this not the main difference between a 5.7 and 6.4 kit?

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
If the engine has no power steering pump wouldnt that be a different pully configuration? Other than the tune and injectors is this not the main difference between a 5.7 and 6.4 kit?
On the newer cars they have a pulley in the location where the P/S used to be located.. Make sense?

Basically as far as a top mount blower goes, IE Magnuson the same unit will work on a 392 and a 5.7 Physically anyways..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts